Bushcraft courses in scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

billymitchell90

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Scotland, Dundee
Hi guys I was looking into courses to try and learn new skills for out in the wild. I have seen a couple ranging from £160-£200 for 3 days covering making fire from natural resources, making and sleeping in shelter, snares, finding water, etc pretty much everything I want to learn.
Has anyone ever been on one before or just learn themselves and off the net?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Not been on one myself yet as most of my stuff I've picked up from trial and error, others, books and places like here on BCUK. I have heard very good things about Do It Outdoors. They're based not far from you in Auchterarder and run courses from near Auchingarrich Wildlife Park near Comrie.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Billymitchell90,
Have been on several courses run by PatrickM of backwoodsurvival and would rate them all highly. Patrick is a great guy and knows his stuff, based outside Glasgow and runs courses from there and argyll.
Cheers
Jfw

riggers

Forager
Jan 13, 2009
newmains scotland
Mate I'm heading out to lommond in a few weeks for a night on one of the islands room in the canoe if your free we usually do all of the above we never use matches or lighters as I said your more than welcolm to tag along.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Billymitchell90,
Have been on several courses run by PatrickM of backwoodsurvival and would rate them all highly. Patrick is a great guy and knows his stuff, based outside Glasgow and runs courses from there and argyll.
Cheers
Jfw

+1 been on a couple of his courses......well worth your efforts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mate I'm heading out to lommond in a few weeks for a night on one of the islands room in the canoe if your free we usually do all of the above we never use matches or lighters as I said your more than welcolm to tag along.

That's a cracking offer :)

I'm running a free camp skills session soon at work in Inverclyde. Focusing on fire lighting initially with some camp cooking. It's a family event so it'd be a mixture of folks. You'd be more than welcome. Pm for info if you interested

Orric

jiffi

Nomad
Jun 24, 2010
Castle Douglas, Scotland
My mate is starting up a bushcraft school have a look for origin bushcraft. I know it's a shameless push for a mate but if it helps you and/or him then it all works out grand!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE