Bushbuddy or Bushcooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow
I must, I must ... lighten my kit! I've mainly travelled by way of motorcycle where weight isn't really an issue, it's just a matter of keeping the size to a minimum. My Woodland Edge firebox has been a trusty companion but having recently transfered my kit from my bike to my back, it's got to go. Wood is my preferred choice of fuel and, priced roughly the same, the Bushbuddy or the Bushcooker is my dilema:confused:, any opinions with regard to build quality etc would be greatly appreciated.

thanks Matt.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I don't think you'll go far wrong with either. I have a Bushbuddy (from Canada) and I believe the Bushcooker is a "clone" that is made in Holland. It is an excellent bit of kit (as long as you don't mind black pots!) and I have managed to find fuel everywhere except the high mountains or heather-less moorlands. You can add a small meths burner or carry Esbits for these circumstances. You may want to look at the Honey stove as well.

Crafty

Forager
Apr 7, 2009
...Location.... Location....
They are exactly the same except for The Bush Cooker has "The Bush Cooker" cut out of the pot-stand instead of round holes, cheaper, far less risk of it being seized at customs and if you order it from Podcast Bob (www.backpackinglight.co.uk) - You get free sweeties! - So I think the choice is obvious :)

No link to seller etc....

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow
I don't think you'll go far wrong with either. I have a Bushbuddy (from Canada) and I believe the Bushcooker is a "clone" that is made in Holland. It is an excellent bit of kit (as long as you don't mind black pots!) and I have managed to find fuel everywhere except the high mountains or heather-less moorlands. You can add a small meths burner or carry Esbits for these circumstances. You may want to look at the Honey stove as well.

They are exactly the same except for The Bush Cooker has "The Bush Cooker" cut out of the pot-stand instead of round holes, cheaper, far less risk of it being seized at customs and if you order it from Podcast Bob (www.backpackinglight.co.uk) - You get free sweeties! - So I think the choice is obvious :)

No link to seller etc....

Thanks guys, I've made my mind up and gone for the original, the Bushbuddy. I found a supplier on badbay and being a fan of originality I plumped for that one:D

thanks again, Matt

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Either is a great cooker and is the next best thing IMO to an open campfire. The great thing about it is the lack of smoke. Enjoy :headbang:

RobertRogers

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 12, 2006
USA
I've got the BB - excellent to be sure. And what is great about it is no fuel to have to lug around or run out of - any wood or leaf scraps, pine cones, etc will do.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
It is my main cooker since i bought it from FH almost a year ago and it has been well used with not a spot of bother light weight and efficient it is the rolls royce of hobo stoves a fantastic bit of kit, added bonus is podcast Bob is doing them for a lot less than you can get them from Canada so if its a stupid simple cooker you need then this is it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE