Burnt Ear ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A little off topic, but anything gory can be safely posted in Fair Game.
Everyone knows that if you open up that part of the forum you do so at your own risk, and awareness that you need to be sure of your surroundings and potential over-the-shoulder viewers.

M

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I don't think I'd be aloud, let alone people wouldn't believe me or they'd just think it was me bragging / trying to look tough and this Forum is for all meaning children as well so I wouldn't want to post some of the picture's of what I've fixed myself.
cheer's

It would make for good reading, plus teach people here about self help.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Some Shed,some work related,other's Bouncing, Bushcraft/Survival or protecting myself and other's, d.i.y stitches, sutures and staples plus burning and glueing myself up. that and Duct-taping of course.
I honestly don't think that would be a Good way to teach others.
cheer's

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
To be a Leader for Raleigh Int (many years ago) I had to learn how to suture and inject - amongst a lot of other procedures) and I was glad not to have to do it for real ... especially on myself!
As to self burning ... did it with a ciggie TWICE as a teenager... once a macho thing , once by putting my hand on one that was on the edge of a table. First time - no signs of distress were shown, second time I really let my distress full voice!
I have not burned myself (deliberately that is) since.
Minor wounds like that get ignored or if they bleed a lot - direct pressure!
Clothes pegs, gaffer tape, masking tape mini carabiners etc have all been called in to play when I was not close to a good 1st Aid kit....
Rambo may use fire in his early films but in the latest he takes two hits (through and through by the looks) and just carries on killing the bad guys as if nothing has happened - even drawing a big bad bow after his shoulder has been blasted!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE