Burnt Ear ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I'm trying to get tips on how to put a plaster / Tape on a burnt ear, it's on the top of the ear and is about 1cm long, As I was helping a neighbour trip his roses that were growing over his fence and I had a large thorn go into / stab my ear, So I removed it and wow, anyway I Burnt it closed straight away.
cheer's

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think you've been an idiot.

You don't burn something closed......and certainly not on a wound caused by something stabbing into you.
Did you flush it out ? or make sure that you had 'all' of the thorn out first ?
The tiny wee tip has a nasty habit of breaking off and leaving a skelf..splinter ?...in the wound. I really, really hope the thorn came out in one piece for you.

How bad is the burn ? and I think you'd need something guaranteed not to stick to the wound and a bit of micropore tape. Someone said to use clingfilm on burns on another thread not long ago. Maybe a wee bit of that would work :dunno:

I hope it heals well for you.

M

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
that's been said afew times to me, but it did the trick, I cut the wound slightly longer & deeper and pulled the remaining thorn tip out with tweezer's and sprayed Detol on them both before and after doing it.
cheer's

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm trying to get tips on how to put a plaster / Tape on a burnt ear, it's on the top of the ear and is about 1cm long, As I was helping a neighbour trip his roses that were growing over his fence and I had a large thorn go into / stab my ear, So I removed it and wow, anyway I Burnt it closed straight away.
cheer's

Must not post..must not post...:27:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
With what did you burn it?
Don't realy understand...
you got stabbed in the ear with a thorn yes?
It bled a lot yes?
So why not clean it apply pressure to stop the bleed and cover with a dressing if needed such as a simple plaster.
Basic first aid.
Why would you burn yourself deliberately? If it was that bad it needed cauterising you should have gone to A and E. Perhaps you still should.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Good call with the clingfilm idea Mr MOD. That's what they now tell you to use on tattoo's I belief, I'll try that tonight and let you all know in the morning.
cheer's

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
:thumbsdown: still don't get why you would do that!. Do you like burning yourself? Or was it a thing to look ... brave.?.. clever..?.. macho?
Seriously it sounds stupid to me. No offence.. ....but I realy can't believe I've just read this!
If the wound needed closure a steristrip would be all that you needed.

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Cool!
First a cut, then a bit of fire!
You enjoy a bit of pain, eh? Carachter building!
:)

Ask somebody to clean it up, maybe apply some Alcohol ( YES! More pain!)
Then put a plaster the best way they can.

You will survive. Should the ear fall off eventually, just grow your hair Beatles style!

Or embrace having just one ear, just as van Gogh did!

Last edited:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
He doesn't need a plaster, he needs to bathe it in neat bleach, apply a cover of melted tar, cover his whole ear with a poultice of blended newt and toad covered with a bandage. If it's a moonless night he must dance naked around the lawn then spin three times in an anti-clockwise direction. That will cure him. If it doesn't, I've got the direction of the spin wrong!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Just don't sleep on your sore ear side!
Gotta say, if I hurt myself... please keep away!
You are realy gonna get an earwigging for this buddy!
That said hope it heals ok.
Oh... and take a basic first aid course......or wear a full face motorcycle helmet next time! :)

Reactions: santaman2000

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
He doesn't need a plaster, he needs to bathe it in neat bleach, apply a cover of melted tar, cover his whole ear with a poultice of blended newt and toad covered with a bandage. If it's a moonless night he must dance naked around the lawn then spin three times in an anti-clockwise direction. That will cure him. If it doesn't, I've got the direction of the spin wrong!

Wichdoctor did you get that remedy from? :) :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE