Bunkhouses in Snowdon?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Anyone recommended a decent bunkhouse / camping barn in Snowdon?

Ideally one with hot showers (!) as there are certain items the missus is unwilling to compromise on :)

delta1

Jun 26, 2009
On A Mountain
Theres one at the bottom of the Llanberis pass (nant peris) which is rather nice ref/location etc etc. I cant remeber the name of it but i`ll be driving by there this evening so i`ll update this post for you. Or just alittle way out of Llanberis towards Brynrefail youve Jessy James Bunk House.I hope that helps.
Atb Delta1.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I walked from the site to the base of Snowdon then up it, mind you it was a few years ago mate. :D :rolleyes:

Andywinkk's post a month or so back.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I stayed at this one

http://www.snowdonbunkhouse.co.uk/

The hot showers weren't exactly working very well when I stayed and neither was the heating. Smoke blew back down the chimney from the log fire and the drying room was damp but at least the roof wasn't leaking. :rolleyes:

Apart from that it was a fantastic spot to be staying even if my clothes never did get dry.

stewsam

Jun 17, 2009
West Yorkshire
There's a campsite opposite the Vaynol Arms in Nant Peris, the pub also has a bunkhouse and reasonable B&B and does decent beer...

There's the Youth Hostel at the top of the pass that's good for a base for doing the pyg track, or the crib coch routes to the top of snowdon, or the route over llywed

In the Ogwen valley there are a couple of campsites, and a number of barns, good for tryfan and the glydars, or the carneddau, there's an alright youth hostel at ogwen cottage...

There's another youth hostel at capel curig and there's three good pubs and a campsite by the river...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE