Budget wool blankets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
Hey guys
I'm getting kitted up for my Daniel Boone challenge:) (in winter!!!) so I wondered if anyone could direct me to a good, warm wool blanket, for a low(ish) price. How is the dutch army civil defence blanket??? That's meant to be good (I think).
Cheers!!:)

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
The Czech ones are good too. Best value blankets ive got are from cherity shops. One merino double cost me 3 quid and I got another made in canada 100 virgin wool for less than a fiver. You usually have to ask as they keep them tucked away.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'll watch this thread with interest, I'm looking for a couple to keep in the car with the winter kit. My huuuuge Dutch Army was from Endicotts, it might be worth ringing them as they're very knowledgable about blankets.

Charity shops are a good call too, I had a brand new Wolsesley double a few years ago for £2.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
+1 for the charity shops, especially those run by smaller organisations or the Salvation Army in particular and if you don't see any on display then ask! as they are very often short on display space out front and the back room is typically chock full of handy stuff.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I too have a Dutch Army wool blanket from Endicotts, great size but just soft enough on the comfort scale. I also bought a cheap EBay East European wool blanket but it is horrendously itchy and two washes in hair conditioner have done little to remedy this. I am planning on waterproofing one side and use it as a camp mat?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Charity shops!
I got a double bed sized Merino blanket in almost perfect condition for 50p ... OK it was dayglo orange - but a couple of goes in dylon black took it to a nice dark tan :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE