Buckskin pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Recently i purchased a pdf book by Woniya Dawn. Woniya came second in Alone Series 6 and she did itwearing self made clothing from hides so she not only talks the talk but walks the walk too.
The book is titled Buckskin Revolution (She goes by the instagram name of @buckskinrevolution too) and it is INCREDIBLY detailed and well thought out.
One chapter caught my eye and inspired another project
This is referred to in the book as Buckskin Sampler pouch
whilst i strayed from the sample pattern in the book a little i am happy with the finished project

20200227_165731.jpg 20200227_194441.jpg 20200227_194437.jpg

this is the simplest piece covered
the book details all clothing as well as mocassins and bags.
now i just need to process the hides in the freezer before i get cracking on the next project

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just got a deer hide at the Moot - it is for "experimental archaeology" projects at the hill fort where I work now....and I hope that I get to play on those projects!

I just got a deer hide at the Moot - it is for "experimental archaeology" projects at the hill fort where I work now....and I hope that I get to play on those projects!
That'd be good
i have 9 in the freezer at the moment
5 are ready to membrane if the weather ever stops positively precipitating it down.
Also got 2 in a bark tan solutiom which are nearly but not quite ready.
Made a connection with a hunter recently who said to me
" i can get deer hides how many do you want?"
my reply "all of them" may of thrown him a little

i forsee many many hours of hide working yet to come and many a sewing session as well

Reactions: John Fenna

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE