Bucks/Oxon anybody?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Totally agree with the sentiment of the last few posts...

A cracking overnighter with great company, some good skills shown and passed on, excellent bushcraft construction skills put into action, excellent cullinary skills shown (and results devoured) and most importantly some insightful and eloquent debates, discussions and conclusions made! It's BRILLIANT!!!

Many thanks Mark for organising, you have access to a cracking spot I hope to return many, many times if possible. An excellent mix of 'Gentlemen' present with some quality craic experienced. I'm still laughing out loud at some of Alex's probing questions!

I had a whale of a time, extremely enjoyable, extremely grateful to everyone who took part, can't wait to see the pics (I've emailed a few to Mark for posting).

Cheers, hope to see you all again soon.

Steve

No problems mate :) As I said its nice to share it with such good company. Thanks again for showing me the flint and steel technique it was fun, think I need to get me a striker and some flint!

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
It was BRILLANT!!!! 😂😂😂. A really enjoyable time had by all. I have spent this evening re sharpening my knife and axe, oiled and waxes them to keep them in top condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
marky0283,

Any idea when the next meet will be? I know your commitments mean it may be a while off, but it'd be good to get some dates 'penciled' into the diary (I need something to look forward too after I get back from my holiday).

Cheers

Steve

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Sorry it's taken me ages to reply!

It's looking like I won't be able to get out until November now :-( Got 3 weddings coming up and taking the wife away for her 30th so weekends off and packed. We have a leave embargo on at work as well so not able to request any leave either until further notice :-(

I can't wait to get back though it was bloody BRILLIANT!

cotswoldcraig

May 29, 2014
oxfordshire
Hi guys I am fairly new to the bushcraft world and live in north Oxfordshire I have done a couple of single night stays and am wondering if I could join you on your next time out ?
Thanks
Craig

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Hello Craig I can't answer weather you can or not as it's not my permission however your welcome to come out with me on the next bimble. In the mean time I am trying to find some woodland for a group of us to use. A bimble would be a good laugh and you will get to meet some of us.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Hey everybody,

I have some good news and some bad news. First of all the bad. There is still a ban on people at work taking leave and all of the weekends I have off for some time are full of plans so it looks like it will still be November some time before I can get out again :-(

The good news. I have spoken to Nicki (the land owner) and as we behaved ourselves so well she is happy to let up to 8 of us camp next time!

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Hi guys I am fairly new to the bushcraft world and live in north Oxfordshire I have done a couple of single night stays and am wondering if I could join you on your next time out ?
Thanks
Craig

Hello mate. You are more than welcome to come along on our next trip although it may be a few months away :-( Toms a quality bloke take him up on his offer if you can for a bimble! Tom when you plan a bimble can you let me know? Although I can't do a camp out I may be able to find a free afternoon!

Taz220sdi

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2012
Princes Risborough
Hello mate. You are more than welcome to come along on our next trip although it may be a few months away :-( Toms a quality bloke take him up on his offer if you can for a bimble! Tom when you plan a bimble can you let me know? Although I can't do a camp out I may be able to find a free afternoon!

Count me in for a Bimble! Tom, there are a few good spots up in Whiteleaf Woods or we could re-visit some of our other bimble locations...

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I will let you guys know. I have screwed my back to the point I cannot walk at all. I am sure I will be back to full speed soon. I saw you today Alex I was right behind you the wife was driving. I was coming back from the docs.

I am also considering buying a two man open canoe for bushcraft trips. Stealth camps etc

S1lver

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2013
Windsor
Hi Guys

I couldnt make the last overnight trip but would also be ip for an afternoon get together/bimble if it gets off the ground.

Cheers

Steve

Taz220sdi

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2012
Princes Risborough
I will let you guys know. I have screwed my back to the point I cannot walk at all. I am sure I will be back to full speed soon. I saw you today Alex I was right behind you the wife was driving. I was coming back from the docs.

I am also considering buying a two man open canoe for bushcraft trips. Stealth camps etc

Hi Tom,

sorry to hear you've done your back in - hope you get better soon! You should have flashed me (assuming you are still driving the CRV lol!!)

Saw your post re an open canoe, cracking idea!!

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham

Bad news mate, hope you have a speedy recovery. I think the canoe idea sounds good too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE