Bucks/Oxon anybody?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Hello mark have you thought of how you intend to set up the fire??

A really good fire lay is a key hole fire.

You dig out a fire pit in the shape of a key hole as big or small as you want. The idea being you can have the heat of the fire hot as you like and burn what you like in the round part and then pull hot coals into the thin part to. Cook on etc.

Below is a really cool set up where you can hang multiple pots and move the stick that's over the fire in the picture left and right the purpose being that you can vary the temperature. To simmer or for boiling etc. this could be set up over the round part of the key hole fire and there you have a super communal fire and cooking set up

yna5ytez.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
I haven't really given the fire much thought to be honest. I normally just lay a fire on the ground on a bed of larger logs but I like the sounds of the key hole shaped fire pit. I love the look of that pot hanging system as well. I have only ever used the one stick across the fire to hang my billy can from but adding the second stick gives a lot more control, I like it :)

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Well I am awake due to SWIMBO waking me up by putting a cat on my head. grrrrrrr she did make me breakfast yayyyyyyy! Se you all in a couple of hours

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Thanks Tank

I have to say it was a brilliant brilliant brilliant overnighter.

The chaps I was there with were all very easy going gents. Which without a doubt made the time we spent in the woods so much better.

The woods itself were beautiful thankyou very much mark for all the organising and making it all happen.

There's more pictures to come from the lads and some wild grub that's right up at the top of its game

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Yes excellent time had by all and was great to meet everyone. Great bunch of like minded chaps :) Looking forward to seeing the photos, I took a couple on my phone which I will upload later.

No problem Tom it was a pleasure. Was happy to share it with good company and people who respect the area. Hopefully I can get permission for a couple more people for next time :)

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
That would be great mark just let me know as soon as u know a date as it takes a lot of organising to get the time off with work

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Yes I will do mate. Sadly Im not able to get out that often so it might be a couple od months but will let you know with plenty of notice. Glad you had a good time mate :)

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
Totally agree with the sentiment of the last few posts...

A cracking overnighter with great company, some good skills shown and passed on, excellent bushcraft construction skills put into action, excellent cullinary skills shown (and results devoured) and most importantly some insightful and eloquent debates, discussions and conclusions made! It's BRILLIANT!!!

Many thanks Mark for organising, you have access to a cracking spot I hope to return many, many times if possible. An excellent mix of 'Gentlemen' present with some quality craic experienced. I'm still laughing out loud at some of Alex's probing questions!

I had a whale of a time, extremely enjoyable, extremely grateful to everyone who took part, can't wait to see the pics (I've emailed a few to Mark for posting).

Cheers, hope to see you all again soon.

Steve

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Great trip! I enjoyed everyone's company and look forward to another outing.Here's some Lamb Roast photos….

lamb.jpg

Attachments

• lamb-2.jpg
    lamb-2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 13
  • lamb-3.jpg
    lamb-3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 9
  • lamb-4.jpg
    lamb-4.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE