Buck Saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
I recently made a buck saw on a Woodsmoke course. Great fun it was too.
I've been trying to get hold of a decent manufactured version since and have decided I want to get hold of the trailblazer take down bucksaw. It packs down very small and saves you having to make one yourself whenever you go out to the woods for the weekend.
Problem is I want to find a supplier in the UK. They only seem to be available in the US. I dont fancy having to almost double the price to import one.
See link:-
http://www.trailblazerproducts.com/Takedownsaw/takedownsaw.asp
Does anyone know of a UK supplier?

Matt

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2003
I have to ask qweeg, are u sure carrying a buck saw is really necessary? I'm sure for most tasks a laplander would do admirably - I tend to think of bow saws as a fixed camp tool, in which case you can probably afford to carry a fixed tubular steel frame like the sandvik? There is a new range with screw tensioner, so unlike the old ones you can keep it really tight.

Just a thought :)

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
Matt,
I have a tubular Sandvik in my garage but it's not rucksack friendly. I'm only interested in temporary camps so your right my laplander would probably suffice. But, these take down saws look great and I want one!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
A few times over the last year I have noticed the smaller bow saws are becoming more prevalent. At about 15" these seem a good size for bushcraft use and will fit in a rucksack with ease. Anyone seen them, used them?

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
I've ordered one from www.boundarywaterscatalog.com.
I just couldn't wait. Fortunately I know someone who's visiting the states next month and has an address so as to avoid the various post office & tax stings that are imposed (I've been burnt before).
When I get it I expect I'll let you know how I find it.
In the meantime take a look at the fab review Old Jimbo has done:-
http://www.oldjimbo.com/survival/saw.html

Everyone will want one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE