BSA mercury / meteor front and rear sight needed or basic scope& loads to trade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
hi guys im on with a little renovation project working on an old mk2 bsa mercury ive got it all all running and smooth shoots really sweet to be honest. but its missing the front and rear sight. so if anyone has the said items and wouldn't mind parting with them to bring a lovely old girl back to life id be really grateful of them. I do have loads of nice bits ie couple victorinox knives and tons of other stuff to trade..
alternatively if no sights are to be found then a scope 4x32 and over with mounts would help just as well as the open sights.
again ive loads to trade please see my other most recent post re fibreglass bow.
obviously postage on small items would not be a problem.
the rifle in question is not cosmetically perfect but id love to make it really nice again any help would be much appreciated cheers guys.

Last edited:

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
morning guys just thought id add to this thread. im also looking for a gun bag long enough to take a rifle with moderator fitted and a scope fitted. prefer a camo type thing but not fussy really
still needing the open sights or a scope for my mercury I have lots of new and nice bushy gear to trade
for either sights scope or gun bag or all
cheers guys

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I tried too locate some iron sights for an old bsa meteor shed find I was given.not easy too get hold of n you'll pay through the nose for them too.might be better going down the scope route pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
cheers for that mate nice to hear from you by the way.
the rifle is great fun just shooting along the barrel. its just taken me back to when I was young and carefree think im having a late mid life crisis lol
I was desparate to get hold of a webley tempest for the same reason they are just nostalgic reminders of when I was a good shot didn't manage to find a tempest to renovate but al keep looking.
shooting along the barrel is ok for the back garden but to bring it back to its former glory and hunt with it again would be just bliss
but I quess all im going to find is a scope I will raid the local junk shops and car boot sales perhaps find a meteor barrel with sights intact heres hoping
a scope would be good for now though
I tried too locate some iron sights for an old bsa meteor shed find I was given.not easy too get hold of n you'll pay through the nose for them too.might be better going down the scope route pal

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
cheers for that mate nice to hear from you by the way.
the rifle is great fun just shooting along the barrel. its just taken me back to when I was young and carefree think im having a late mid life crisis lol
I was desparate to get hold of a webley tempest for the same reason they are just nostalgic reminders of when I was a good shot didn't manage to find a tempest to renovate but al keep looking.
shooting along the barrel is ok for the back garden but to bring it back to its former glory and hunt with it again would be just bliss
but I quess all im going to find is a scope I will raid the local junk shops and car boot sales perhaps find a meteor barrel with sights intact heres hoping
a scope would be good for now though

Yeah mate! Used spends days on end as a kid shooting bottle caps out of trees

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
well finding the old bsa sights is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
I think I will have to resign this search to a scope for the old girl. then go on another treasure hunt looking for a webley tempest pistol
so if anyone has a scope and mounts they don't use id love to relieve them of it plenty of bushy items to trade guys

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE