Broke back Nessmuk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Alright everyone, thought I'd get some pics up of my latest finished knife. Usual specs for me, 3mm Carbon steel as always, spalted beech scales, made a sheath, blah blah blah. Only just started to practice carving leather so don't be too critical about it! Yes it's amateur but any excuse to put it into practice...

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

I just need to etch my initials on the blade tonight and it's oficially done. Thanks for looking! Chad

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hmm yeah, it's not that bad that leather carving ... I think with a bit more practise you can achieve a way more favourable result ..

NOT!!!

It's looking absolutely superb! I like those different shades of brown, creating depth and making it vivid.

goodjob

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks Johan, glad someone likes it! I literally just got the tools for carving and have no spare leather left to practice on so it'll only get better. I know it's not to everybody's taste but I wanted a mountain man look to it. Cheers fella

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Agreed - that leather carving is great. I think the knife really suits the sheath too - very "authentic" looking

Red

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thats lovely Chad, top job and the materials are great.
Bring it up to RC for a looksee.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks fellas! I took this out yesterday and put it through it's paces and have to say I enjoyed using it. Thought it might be a bit clunky but soon got a feel for it. Thanks for looking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE