British military surplus

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Ordered some stuff off them Tuesday night, arrived Thursday morning. Daft silly prices

Wool socks, 50p, very good, better than shown in the picture, wool socks for 50p:rolleyes:

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr183.html

£2 for cold weather trouser liners, again silly money

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr187.html

Poly Cotton shirt for £1.50, can't go wrong

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr134.html

No connection etc, just a happy customer:)

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
ordered from them before, will not be doign it ever again, mickey mouse is better organised than them, glad you were a happy customer but i got fobbed off with crap customer service and lies.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Have to agree with Korvin Karbon, I 've ordered from them on various occasions. Usually a complete disaster, it's taken up to 7 weeks to get an order right. When it's right it's good, but I've got really upset at the lack of service they provide at times. Lied to on the phone after weeks of waiting and everything! They definately have some great gear for great prices but I now pay more to get it from other places. Sounds like you got great service recieving goods so fast, fair play!

Wink

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 4, 2004
Norfolk
I must have been lucky too. Just bought a Windproof smock, water bottle and shirt, arrived quickly, dirt cheap! However, the smock was supposed to be an SAS windproof, in Ventile or Cotton Modal (whatever that is) and Grade 2, ie knackered. I was intending to use it as a pattern to make a ventile. £15.00 was fine. What they sent was the latest windproof smock that I think is now generally issued to all and sundry (with the wired hood), in used but mint condition! Far too good to chop around...

So a good deal, but not quite as described on the tin!

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I must have been lucky too. Just bought a Windproof smock, water bottle and shirt, arrived quickly, dirt cheap! However, the smock was supposed to be an SAS windproof, in Ventile or Cotton Modal (whatever that is) and Grade 2, ie knackered. I was intending to use it as a pattern to make a ventile. £15.00 was fine. What they sent was the latest windproof smock that I think is now generally issued to all and sundry (with the wired hood), in used but mint condition! Far too good to chop around...

So a good deal, but not quite as described on the tin!

Pity the poor Bloke who ordered a New Windproof smock:lmao:

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
well those gortex bivvi's should be ok, bit of a repair and a nikwax wash and they should be good to go right?
tbh i'm shocked at the prices on there, where does he get this stuff?

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
well those gortex bivvi's should be ok, bit of a repair and a nikwax wash and they should be good to go right?
tbh i'm shocked at the prices on there, where does he get this stuff?

I think if you knew how much they get the kit for in the first place you would be shocked, MOD sells crates of stuff for pennies, surplus stores sell it for pounds.

I have heard that new and grade one kit is something like 2p for a pair of lightweight green trousers. These will then be sold on for about £15 to £20.:yikes:

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
wish i could get to those auctions...
imagine the goodies you could have...

give these guys a ring anyhoo, grade 1 OD goretex bivvi's for £20, and brand new in packaging for £35
ex army ones not commercial apparently. i'm gonna give the main store a ring and see what they say.
pete

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
BMS is, I think, owned by the company that holds the British military disposals contract; when the RAF, Army or Navy wants rid of something it all goes to that company (yes, at pennies). Thing is, if you buy a crate of DPM combats, you'll get a complete mix of sizes and conditions. Most of it probably needs cleaning too. Lots of labour to grade and clean it. Then there's distribution and storage to think about.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
BMS is, I think, owned by the company that holds the British military disposals contract; when the RAF, Army or Navy wants rid of something it all goes to that company (yes, at pennies). Thing is, if you buy a crate of DPM combats, you'll get a complete mix of sizes and conditions. Most of it probably needs cleaning too. Lots of labour to grade and clean it. Then there's distribution and storage to think about.

Very true Matt, and some of it will probably not smell to sweet if it has been hanging around a while, but I guess if it wasn't worth it they wouldn't do it. Having seen some of the items handed in at end of service some of the stuff is brand new in bags or a bit tatty.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
I have always wondered if they were any good.
I did get as far as putting an order together and going through to checkout but when I saw the postage, I cancelled it as the cost was ridiculous for the items ordered.

I thought this was maybe a ploy to discourage Joe Public from using them and maybe it was cost effective on a large order.
Any Idea why its so high?

GS

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
5 quid for as much or as little as you order?

Hows that then??

I have just put together an order for £52 and the PP comes up as £22 on top.
This is 5 mins ago.

So if you know how to make this £5 I would be really interested,especially if its something I am doing wrong.

GS

rancid badger

Hows that then??

I have just put together an order for £52 and the PP comes up as £22 on top.
This is 5 mins ago.

So if you know how to make this £5 I would be really interested,especially if its something I am doing wrong.

GS

I went through the same process; put together an order for 5 prs of og socks, 5 prs of arctic socks, a few towels and what have you; nothing heavy or bulky. The order came to £18.50 but they wanted £10 p+p too much
If it's a case of paying for labour to put up the orders and pack them etc; they'd be better off adding a bit to their up front prices to cover it and charge sensible p+p.
I could have done with some nice arctic socks too:rolleyes:

They do appear to have some interesting stuff but I imagine it's very much a lottery as to what you get quality wise etc.

Be canny if they were local though, assuming they would let you have a scrat!;)
cheers
R.B.

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
i had quite a bit off stuff in the basket Friday night and P&P was same for 1 shirt as it was for what ever other stuff i had in jumpers/jackets.. :S

Edit: just had a look and have 3 shirts at £1.50 a t-shirt at £1 and a scarf tube thingy at £1 total £6.50 P&P £10 they just make it up for different people?

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
My order arrived today. 10 pairs of arctic socks and two sets of thermals for £19 total, arrived in 2 days. The £10 postage may seem a bit steep, but even so, nineteen quid for that lot is still pretty good.

I'm happy :D

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
My order arrived today. 10 pairs of arctic socks and two sets of thermals for £19 total, arrived in 2 days. The £10 postage may seem a bit steep, but even so, nineteen quid for that lot is still pretty good.

I'm happy :D

I don't disagree with you at all except for the obvious fact that the cost is £29 and not £19.

Unfortunately for the things I wanted, once I added the postage ,the individual cost for each item was not far off what I could buy them for, and view before I buy.

I will look at them again as maybe another range of items my work out more cost effective.
GS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE