Winter Woollen Trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just out of interest - has anyone tried WW2 type repro gear from places such as SOF?
They claim to be wool, are classically/military style trousers and seem a reasonable price compared to some....

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Just out of interest - has anyone tried WW2 type repro gear from places such as SOF?
They claim to be wool, are classically/military style trousers and seem a reasonable price compared to some....

I have a pair of the German field trousers john, that I think came from there ( via ebay 0
VERY good quality, almost as good as my 1940's Swedish army wool trousers. Good thick wool, nice detail and finished to a high standard.
Best.
Chris.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Combat-Tr...of-Arctic-Combat-Trousers-Grd-2-/330788992519

The Arctic trousers are the same material as the Arctic smocks which is cotton gaberdine where as the standard windproof trousers are cotton ripstop. Both trousers work well over Woolpower long johns and have Velco on the lower leg, for easy removal.

Thats the kind of info I was after. Im trying to do it on the cheap, as a pose to buying the Norrona pants, and those cotton gabardine trousers at that price look just the ticket. Thanks Limaed.
[Are they deffo the Gabardine ones though? The ad says: manufactured from a hard wearing close weave cotton / poly fabric]
Just have to decide which woollen trousers to buy now.

Last edited:

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Thats the kind of info I was after. Im trying to do it on the cheap, as a pose to buying the Norrona pants, and those cotton gabardine trousers at that price look just the ticket. Thanks Limaed.
[Are they deffo the Gabardine ones though? The ad says: manufactured from a hard wearing close weave cotton / poly fabric]
Just have to decide which woollen trousers to buy now.

Pretty sure they are. I have a pair the same and they feel the same as the old smocks. I find them really comfy and wear them next to skin also.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have a pair of the German field trousers john, that I think came from there ( via ebay 0
VERY good quality, almost as good as my 1940's Swedish army wool trousers. Good thick wool, nice detail and finished to a high standard.
Best.
Chris.
Very interesting!
I may be forced to try some out!
I have one of the german peaked field caps with the fold down sides and back and found that excellent last winter - well made, warm and comfortable - if the trousers are as good in quality terms then they should be affordable!
Thanks for the info:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE