British Blades Forum - down

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2011
Chester
...Move down the bus please, standing room only...
Edit: remembering that phrase has made me feel really old :eek:

My first job was as a clipper*, so I was the guy telling you to move on, how old does that make me feel?

Edit: Don't answer that as it sounds pervy!

Welcome to all the BB migrants and thanks to BushcraftUK for giving us all a place to shelter.

*Male bus conductor. [Female bus conductor was a cllppy] Lancs 1970s

Sep 12, 2014
Gold Coast
Hey guys, Ratel10mm here. Sorry, I could not get my password reset as the email no longer exists.

Could someone please email me the address for Bardster's farm please? Alternatively, Fluffy or Longstrider's mobile no?
(Gary, I know you've posted in this thread, but as a 'new member' I can't seem to see that end of the thread!)
I'm supposed to be going down tomorrow but hadn't made a note of the details.

Cheers
Matt

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
Remember, you're only as old as the person you feel.

In my case that makes me two years older... I'm SWMBO's toy-boy, lol.

Makes her better when I tell her that phrase on her birthday though.

...and no, I don't have a free bus pass (the cheek!). I don't actually remember the last time I used a bus*, but I do remember my fare as a kid being something like 2p.

*quite probably that's simply because I was drunk.

Sep 12, 2014
UK
And another BB diaspora member here! Thought I would use a different nickname from BB so that can keep you amused for a few minutesbtrying to guess. Had been lurking here occasionally, seems quite a nice forum too.

Warhead3000

Sep 12, 2014
United Kingdom
Remember, you're only as old as the person you feel.

In my case that makes me two years older... I'm SWMBO's toy-boy, lol.

Makes her better when I tell her that phrase on her birthday though.

...and no, I don't have a free bus pass (the cheek!). I don't actually remember the last time I used a bus*, but I do remember my fare as a kid being something like 2p.

*quite probably that's simply because I was drunk.

Know how you feel and I remember a bag of crisps was 8p (original monster munch or the crisps with the bag of salt init - classic) and the cinema was 50p for kids and £1 for adults (I think I was 15 around then) and I'm only 42 now - what happened???

Good to see the BB's seeking refuge here (me also), don't post on BB every day but usually have a look at least, please bring it back.

I check out BushcraftUk now and again so great to be back with a registration also great having a look around

Aug 11, 2014
Berkhamstead
It's down & no one can get in currently.
Most of the reprobates are lurking here:cool:

I'm genuinely concerned about Martyn. Not by business granted.
He always had time for me a decade ago.

Darren

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
2p, blimey, now I do feel old, my first bus fare, at least that I remember, was 6d, the long lamented 'tanner'! I also remember trolley buses rattling down the Edgeware Road!

Oh, god...

...NURSE!

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
Another 'here you all are'! Have to say I am missing BB. Probably saving myself a lot of money. Fortunately I have email comms with the guy that I am mid transaction with!
Anyway hi gang! I tend to hang out on both forums but do hope the other one gets sorted soon.
If anyone hears any news please share.
Russ

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
It is good to remember the selflessness of Tony and all the BCUK gang. The 34 pages on here (and a page on BCUK is longer than one on BB) is testament to the friendly support that has been given over the years when BB has not been available.

A hearty thank you and it will be nice if everyone sticks around once BB is back to health.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE