British Blades Forum - down

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It is happening an awful lot. I remeber a few years back when it was BcUK that was breaking constantly and BB was stable. Not to this extent though.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
"Sorry about the downtime folks. Unfortunately the database crashed out and it's not something I can fix remotely. My host has no idea why it happened, just one of those things I guess. My apologies and rest assured, normal service has resumed. Regards, Martyn. "

If the host has no idea a few alarm bells would be ringing for me,,, perhaps time to move on Martyn given the frequency of site failure.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
"Sorry about the downtime folks. Unfortunately the database crashed out and it's not something I can fix remotely. My host has no idea why it happened, just one of those things I guess. My apologies and rest assured, normal service has resumed. Regards, Martyn. "

If the host has no idea a few alarm bells would be ringing for me,,, perhaps time to move on Martyn given the frequency of site failure.

It's not lost on me Rich. The solution is an expensive and dedicated server like BcUK has. That will cost a lot of money. It's a balance between performance and cost. Better performance is easily achieved if your pockets are deep enough. The BB server is paid for in advance till Christmas. If the situation doesnt improve by then, I'll look at alternatives.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
sadly true, i still enjoy going on as a guest for a look see though and it's a shame it goes down so often, i like the members projects bit the most as some of the work is truely amazing by some very talented guys.

just a general observation mate, nothing personal

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Another important note is to use your mirrors!

Yup and even more so ...

LAyJG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE