british army pro boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 2, 2004
http://img44.photobucket.com/albums/v135/thenaughtyboy/knife.jpg

http://www.ishop.co.uk/ishop/866/shopscr16.html

well now lets clarify this...i bought my first pair at an army surplus stall at the midland game fair,used but in grade 1 order.these were the ones on the right of the picture.they have a small gortex tab on the side and inside there is the dark red thinsulate lining.if you hold them up to the light you can faintly see the words pro boot but this has worn down and is barely visible.

the newer pair on the left were bought from the first link which supplies the mod and if you go to the boot section you will clearly see grade 1 proboots IDENTICAL to my old ones. having talked to quite a few of my comrades ,i have been assured of a fact i already knew....these are the genuine article designed for cold weather/wet weather.

now tell me black is white

ps heat exhaustion is not only caused by water loss but by a lack of salt and potassium.your body needs salt to sweat ,with out it you cant sweat and the body cannot cool its self down properly.thats why they issue salt tablets in hot environments,its also why your skin tastes v salty when you sweat.its important to replace lost fluid but if you dont replace the salts that are lost then youll still overheat and get headaches etc.

try it yourself next time you feel faint on a really hot day.even a couple of bags of salt n vinegar crisps can tilt the balance and make you feel better.

T

Tricky

probably one o my better investments,
No loop on my ones though to aid in donning and doffing
excellent support fro the tootsies when carrying a load (tried them out with a 40lb bergen on yesterday for a few mile to get the feel of them)
as for waterproofness -non stop rain and drizzle for 7 hours with a trip through a horse ford - feet came out dry
thought my feet would take a bit of a pounding in them as i havent been out for a couple of months since the arrival of our 2nd daughter, nothing but a blister on the ball of each foot ( i was expecting some heel chafe but nope)- somthing that wouldnt have happened im sure if i had my 1000 mile socks on an some sorbothane insoles.

all in all , for a pair of brand new boots they are the the most comfiest i've experienced that i.m sure will get better with time

so to coin a phrase
they do everything that it says it does on the box

The most uncomfortable btw would have to be a pair of US jungle boots i bought one summer 10 years ago- talk about lumps of meat :oops:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE