british army arctic/90 patt sleeping bag.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shovel reccy

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
cambridge
not trying to have a p****g comp just going from what i know 1989 to 97 in the mob and mate still in after 15 years gives me heads up on kit. atb.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
not trying to have a p****g comp just going from what i know 1989 to 97 in the mob and mate still in after 15 years gives me heads up on kit. atb.

Hahaha yay! Same here fella I'm only saying what's printed on the kit issued to me. But no drama if we are going to have a competition as to who can urinate up the toilet wall the furthest, Wifey will have a look at the JSP(joint service publication) for clothing and equipment scales and let us know what's what. ATB(apples turnips Berries)

Last edited:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I had one of the same supplier for £24.99 including the compression sack, phone them and ask if they have any in stock. Also, all their kit is sent courier and if you phone and ask you will have your kit the next day at no extra cost.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
That's exactly where I got mine and it's MINT... Get a long is my advice if you're over 5'8" - the regular size was too short for me at 5'10".

For the money, you can't go wrong but you need a heavy duty compression sack to compress the beast.

i got mine delivered today from the same seller and he must have sent out all the mint ones first, cos mine looks like its been attacked by mr maker from ceebeebies.
some dopey wotnot has decided to spray a massive yellow cross on the back of the bag and there are various little splodges of paint on the rest of the bag.
i'm not complaining that much because the bag itself is still in good condition with no rips etc and i'll be using it inside a bivi bag anyway.
i'm not gonna bother contacting the seller because it only cost 20 quid, i just wont leave them any feedback.

Last edited:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Originally Posted by shovel reccy

Speaking as someone who used the Arctic issue bag in Norway for 5 winters('94 to '98), I can deffo tell you that you are wrong mate! The Arctic bag has extra baffling and is alot more insulated than the Standard issue bag! I know because I still have both from when I got out and they are different...did you ever do any Arctic training?

As for the question at hand, I personally would just stick the Standard issue bag for this country as the Arctic bag is far to warm for our Climes..just from experience thats all..!!!

Last edited:

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Ive taken the plunge and gone for the large. Everybody was correct it fits very well. Just cant wait to get out now and try it out.
Managed to get one brand new for £30 but it didnt come with its stuff sack; apparently they are like hens teeth!
Does anyone know where i can get hold of a new/mint condition one?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
There are actually two types of compression sack, one of them is waterproof the other not. I'm not 100% sure but I believe the waterproof one is the newer version of the two.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I'll have to try and source a waterproof one, makes more sense to get that than not waterproof version. But if they are really hard to get hold off i might end up getting whatever i can.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Here's the two bags together.
Arctic Issue on the left & Standard Issue on the right.
As you can see the Arctic bag has baffle built over the zip.
DSCF2045.jpg

DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2048.jpg

And this is the liner for the Arctic bag.
DSCF2050.jpg

DSCF2049.jpg

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Greg can i ask you a question about the arctic liner.
I got one the other day and am a little puzzled about the second row of velcro at the side of the middle row, its the same on the desert liner too.
I cant figure them out!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
To be honest mate I've never used the liner (it's just cotton with no thermal properties, I used a silk / meraklon liner for the extra bit of warmth!)
I've looked at the velcro and honestly I don't know why its there?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mike you can see the difference in the compression sack in these pictures.

The Non-waterproof version:
Non-waterproofCompSack.jpg

The waterproof version:
waterproofcompsack.jpg

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
Greg, i have been confused over the differant types of bags for ages, thanks for clearing upall the confusion. I have a "standard" bag for sale on the bay of evil at the moment, just changed the listing as had it advertised as an "arctic" bag, so you may have saved me a headache. cheers mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE