Bring on the cast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Twas a fine day yesterday for outdoor cooking ,
Started off with the plan of making a large loaf ,
Made put the douth and into the Dutch to prove ,
2009_0813wolf0002.jpg

No problems so far
scratchchin.gif
, then bad fire management on my part came into play ,
2009_0813wolf0003.jpg

To much fire and not enough embers
blighter.gif
burnt bread ,
lessons learnt....

Onto the next ,
2009_0813wolf0004.jpg

Tandoori masala chicken and fresh nan bread ,
2009_0813wolf0005.jpg

2009_0813wolf0006.jpg

2009_0813wolf0008.jpg

2009_0813wolf0009.jpg

Spicy moist chicken with a crispy skin
cool.gif
followed some time later by a bowl of apple oat crumble
2009_0813wolf0010.jpg

A bit of good fun cooking with lessons learnt
xyxthumbs.gif

Twodogs

Last edited:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Jay I used ,

Lidls Strong bread flour
Packet of yeast
Suger a bit
Salt a bit
1/2 liter of warm water

All proved well just to much heat and not enough embers :rolleyes:..lessons learnt :eek: .
Twodogs

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
looks good mate, chicken worked out nicely again it would seem.

just a little note though, it looks like you're using pallets for fuel, a lot of the wood used for making pallets has been preserved with lovely things like arsenic. i really don't know how much of a problem that would present with a dutch oven but because i don't know i err on the side of caution and try to avoid cooking with pallet wood. i'm sure that you'll be fine mate but just in case you do suddenly come down with a of dose of death can i have first dibs on your lavvuu?

cheers

stuart

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
a lot of the wood used for making pallets has been preserved with lovely things like arsenic.

I am not sure that this is the case. Pallets are made as cheaply as possible as many only make one trip. IIRC there are regulations to prevent the spread of wood eating critters which mean that pallets are thermally treated to kill any bugs. :campfire:

Wood that is "tanalised" (like fence panels and such) is treated with copper chromated arsenide and yes, that could cause you health problems.:yuck: The arsenic is concentrated in the ash.

Having said that, I'm not dead yet;)

Z

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I am not sure that this is the case. Pallets are made as cheaply as possible as many only make one trip. IIRC there are regulations to prevent the spread of wood eating critters which mean that pallets are thermally treated to kill any bugs. :campfire:

Wood that is "tanalised" (like fence panels and such) is treated with copper chromated arsenide and yes, that could cause you health problems.:yuck: The arsenic is concentrated in the ash.

Having said that, I'm not dead yet;)

Z

it could well be the case that i'm mis-informed on this one, as i said i'm not at all sure about the facts of this one so i tend to err on the side of caution. that said, most of the veg that grows in my garden grows in planters made from old pallets which can't be being that cautious if there is anything harmful in them.

cheers

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE