BreakFast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
A bit of a state-of-the-nation type random question.

What do people here honestly typically eat for their Breakfast?

I'm guessing their maybe some variance at the weekend- so whats a typical Mon to Friday Brekkie vs a Weekend brekkie?

Reactions: CLEM

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I retired some years ago but very little has changed in my morning eating habits. I'm looking for a piece of fruit or a big glug of fruit juice while the kettle boils for coffee.
I have been very consistently thirsty for one big mug of coffee with 1 tsp sugar in it. Instant, press, Keurig, filter, Whatever inspires me.

I need some kind of mainly carb thing. Toast, rarely cold cereal, often pancakes or waffles ( scratch, make extra and freeze).
I've been known to make lots of leftover pasta with cheese sauce for brekkie.
I have a 4 slice toaster for myself so a load of reheated scratch frozen waffles or pancakes is a no-brainer. Possibly French toast on towards mid-day.

Not a fan of last night's supper left overs.

Reactions: TeeDee

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Whatever I’ve got in the fridge, cupboard, to hand. I do like the occasional baercon, sausage n egg banjo/morris.
I rarely eat bread though now as it can bloat me up like a bloon.

KatBetter

Jul 16, 2021
Bristol
A bit of a state-of-the-nation type random question.

What do people here honestly typically eat for their Breakfast?

I'm guessing their maybe some variance at the weekend- so whats a typical Mon to Friday Brekkie vs a Weekend brekkie?
Two cups of coffee ( blitzed with butter and honey) it looks like cappuccino and the gives Good and consistent energy, cause of the dollop of fat.

Reactions: Athos

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Two cups of coffee ( blitzed with butter and honey) it looks like cappuccino and the gives Good and consistent energy, cause of the dollop of fat.

Is this a spin on Bulletproof coffee? But I assume due the Honey you wouldn't term it as being on a Keto diet?

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Now it's getting cooler mostly porridge and our own bee's honey and fresh coffee.

Not much difference for the weekends as we both work from home.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Yes it is, bullet coffee. there are plenty of fab enzymes and vitamins in honey. If it’s unadulterated.
I drink it with just butter too.
I tried bulletproof coffee for a while. But I just couldn't get past the slick butter floating on top! Maybe I needed to blend it better! What do you blend it with? Hot coffee and high speed could spell disaster!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
A lot of the time I don't eat breakfast, my job isn't particularly energy demanding and I find it makes me less hungry over the course of the day if I do that. Big brekkie equals big appetite for the rest of the day with me. Occasionally I'll munch on some dry cereals, milk tends to upset my stomach these days.

On a weekend though anything is game! But usually a good smoked bacon and egg sarnie.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Weekdays it's usually a tropical granola mix with extra sultanas added, greek yoghurt and milk all mixed together the night before and put in the fridge to make a cold porridege style breakfast.

Weekends (and if I forget to make my weekday breakfast the night before) it's usually rice krispies followed by some toast.

All the above are washed down by a pint of fresh brewed coffee

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Big handful of grapes.
G/F Crackers or Oatcakes, spread with something 'buttery' and marmite.
Mug of tea, no milk, pinch of sugar.

If fresh cherries are available, I'll have them instead :) and if neither is, I'll slice up an apple.

I take my vitamins with my breakfast too though. Routine is the only way I mind to take them.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Honestly?

2 roll ups, 2 cups of tea.

i tend to eat an earlier lunch though..

I've never been a fan of breakfast for the last 20plus years

I start reasonably early for work if i'm on an early and if its following a late i prefer to prioritise sleep over food
Oh how I miss that morning roll-up

Old Holborn and caffeine... Heaven

( been eight years now and I still miss it.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE