BreakFast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I do enjoy breakfast, but it doesn't have to be a big breakfast.
What I have does vary - depending what I fancy or what I haven't had for a while.
Generally it will either be a cereal (muesli, or Shreddies (my favourite!), or porridge in the colder months) or toast (might be marmite, or just buttered).
Occasionally, if I'm feeling decadent, I'll have scrambled eggs on toast, or dippy egg and soldiers. That tends to be a weekend treat.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What I have does vary - depending what I fancy or what I haven't had for a while.
Generally it will either be a cereal (muesli, or Shreddies (my favourite!), or porridge in the colder months) or toast (might be marmite, or just buttered).
Occasionally, if I'm feeling decadent, I'll have scrambled eggs on toast, or dippy egg and soldiers. That tends to be a weekend treat.

I think we may have to redefine what you consider as being Decadent. :)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland

What's the difference between soldiers and sailors?

You can't dip sailors in your egg

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Mug of tea, two toast - one spread with butter and homemade raspberry extra jam; the other spread with PB over Marmite. Followed by a small glass of whole milk and one zinc, one vitamin D tablet.

Variations: We have scrambled eggs and smoked salmon at Christmas, an occasional full English when we’re out and about, and I’ll usually have cereal with whole milk when I get up early (going fishing for example) cos it’s quieter :)

Reactions: TeeDee

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Weekdays - usually some form of egg (scrambled, fried, poached) on toast or just toast and homemade jams.

Weekends - pancakes with marmalade and chocolate spread (at the same time :)) or full butter croissants with cheese and bacon filling :) - just occasionally (once in a blue moon) a full(ish) breakfast (sausage, bacon, egg, blackpudding, beans, mushrooms....)

Oh, and in all cases, plenty of Italian style black coffee

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Had a lie-in. Left hip no pain so didn't get out until 8AM.

Gave it no thought but followed my routine:
At least a cup of orange juice while the kettle boiled.
Got the coffee made, instant this morning, and chopped a Gala apple.
Revolting mealy overripe, next one hits the bin.

Almost hungry. Likely gnaw on a ciabatta bun with some cheese.
No rush. Laundry essential, a week below +10C and I need flannels.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Had a lie-in. Left hip no pain so didn't get out until 8AM.

Gave it no thought but followed my routine:
At least a cup of orange juice while the kettle boiled.
Got the coffee made, instant this morning, and chopped a Gala apple.
Revolting mealy overripe, next one hits the bin.

Almost hungry. Likely gnaw on a ciabatta bun with some cheese.
No rush. Laundry essential, a week below +10C and I need flannels.

You know , you write like Cormac McCarthy.

Reactions: billycoen

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
A bowl of Earl Grey (no milk or sugar) & a slice of toast with jam, (no butter)
I'm never hungry first thing in the morning so I often have to force it down so I don't start nibbling before lunch.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Anything from nothing to a full blown curry. I'm rarely hungry in the morning so it tends to be very little unless I'm on holiday.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’m not great for appetite first thing so I find the above fruit and yog easy and starts me off nicely, a few grains helps with energy. Couple of hours later I’ll be into ham salad and mustard rolls or cheese and pickle sandwiches, or at weekends it’ll likely be a few hash browns, eggs, bacon, tinned tomatoes and mushrooms.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Increasingly over time, we have a lot of grilled veggies left over in the fridge. Tomatoes, aubergine, peppers, mushrooms, onions, courgette, peaches, pineapple etc. grilled in bulk on sticks. So, most frequently breakfast is an omelette with that and coffee. Haven't eaten cereal for what feels like decades but is probably only a year or two, even porridge fell off the list as I started eating less during the later part of the day and more in the morning.

If I have a heavier load ahead, I like a veg chili with a couple of fried eggs and sausage of some kind.

On a related note: experimented today with roasting cauliflower leaves. Shook them up in salt and oil with a few carraways. In the oven for 15. Very nice. Might experiment a bit with other spices. Ordinarily, it would have seen the bin or gone for compost.

I got a book out of the library recently called 'The Breakfast Bible' ... somehow the tone of it managed to put me rather off the idea of breakfast for a while there :)

Last edited:

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
Yes it is, bullet coffee. there are plenty of fab enzymes and vitamins in honey. If it’s unadulterated.
I drink it with just butter too.
Have you tried it with coconut oil? It’s pretty good.

When I’m at work it’s bacon and eggs, at home I usually have a chunk of chorizo, some cheese and a handful of nuts. Washed down with black coffee and a glass of grapefruit juice.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Have you tried it with coconut oil? It’s pretty good.

When I’m at work it’s bacon and eggs, at home I usually have a chunk of chorizo, some cheese and a handful of nuts. Washed down with black coffee and a glass of grapefruit juice.

Are you eating those foodstuffs because you specifically like them or because they follow some kind of eating pattern/diet for you? They seem to be high in fat / low in carbs ( apart from the Grapefruit juice which has other benefits. )

So is this eating by taste or design?

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
I find carbs make me feel sluggish in the morning and generally like to keep them to a minimum. I tried the keto diet for about a year and have maintained my breakfast habits from that. I really enjoy the grapefruit juice though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE