bow for extra long draw length

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I think you are going to struggle with your draw length, especialy for an "off the shelf" bow.

Can i ask why such a long draw? are you incredibly tall? Also a quick guide for bow length is twice your draw plus the handle length if its a static and not bend in the handle bow. So your into the 70+ length even with a slight bend in the handle bow, more like 75. I have not doubt there are training wheel bows out there but without having one made you may be stuck.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
I repeatedly measured my draw length to between 35 and 36 " (from corner of mouth to arrow rest on my current recurve(quicks trainer bow KB06 Quicks TD01 Trainer Bow ))
i cant draw my full draw length atm as i havnt got oversize arrows yet, but have been shooting half mast for the last few years, and im working on getting 35-36" arrows.
Lonja

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
That is one heck of a draw length. I am guessing you must be 6ft+
I will keep an eye out as I browse but i think your going to be out of luck without having one made up. I would guess you would be looking at a bit more than your budget for a custom jobby. What weight are you after?

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
i guess 40-50 lbs (not entirely sure, as most weights are measured at 28", and i have never drawn to full length on anything near 40lbs, (only my trainer bow @22lbs (from years and years ago when i was smaller)))
oh and i just realized half of my second post went walk about, yeh im 6'5 and growing,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE