bothyman

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I found the Message Board through
>> http://outdoors-magazine.com/s_links.php
At last a UK Messageboard on what I am interested in, most are in the US .
I live in Scotland and spend most of my time Outdoors and on my own,(or should I say with the dog).
I prefer to try and make my own stuff (not clothing) and would rather spend a few hours in the shed and make something rather than buy it even if it only costs a couple of pounds.
I am a Yorkshireman so do not like spending too much money on anything.
Currently looking for a good pair of boots that do not cost silly money,
I bought a pair of so called German Para Boots?? the soles parted company with the boots in a couple of months, they were not like a pair I bought several years ago which were excellent and lasted for years and never leaked no matter what I put them through.
Seems the new ones are not as good as the old ones.

:notworthy

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hi Bothyman,

Currently looking for a good pair of boots that do not cost silly money

There's a thread on here with some info on decent boots.. dunno about cheap though.
BushCraft Shoes

I've got a pair of boots recently, which i think were pretty good, were £50, don't know if that classifies as cheap though, depends, for boots i think it's ok. From up in Scotland too :)

I'm going post a reply to that thread about these boots, so to keep the topic in the right group.

Hope it's some help

Cheers :)
Carlo

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Hi Bothyman, glad you could join us.
My para boots did the same, only I had 15 miles left to walk then a swamp called Glastonbury festival for three days. I had the sole doing that flipper thing for two days (it grew by half an inch!) before I got fed up with it and ripped it off.
I just got um resoled and they are still going stong 5 years later.
Good to meet ya, and welcome
Rich

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
>> I had the sole doing that flipper thing for two days <<

Same thing happened with mine just got to find a place to get them resoled, but nothing up here.

I suppose this thread should be moved over to the correct topic board

Nice to know it was'nt just mine that did it, but when my boots get wet they tend to stay like it for several weeks, tried to stick the soles back on but would'nt have it

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Hi Bothyman

I'm not so far away from you - well 2 hours west of Inverness not north, but I suppose it's all relative!

If you want to get your boots resoled then speak to Tiso's in Inverness. They deal with all sorts of resoling jobs and managed to get my Lundhags sorted for me. Not particularly cheap but a very good job.

Good luck

George

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
welcome Bothyman, the link you arrived on will be of interst to many of us especially the links to many of the best knife sites on the net.

J

Jamie

welcome Bothyman

Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the site!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE