Bootses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
What's the feeling amongst you lads and lasses about footwear? DO you all have you rabbit skin mocassins that you knocked up yourselves or is commercial footwear an acceptable purchace? :-D

I'm a habitual day-to-day boot wearer, to the point at which I feel uncomfortable in shoes, in fact I don't own any shoes any more.
Running around the house I go barefoot.

Currently I have a pair of Lowa Bundeswher boots, the old pre Gore Tex issue, best "cheap" boots I've ever owned. Tough as old nails and allow the feet to "breathe" provided you've got the proper insoles in them. They are extremely heavy though. I also have a pair of Danner Fort Lewis, they're expensive but the comfy feet at the end of the day makes the investment seem worthwhile.

I don't posess any "walking boots" per se, and can't say I want any. Am I missing out?

The only footwear purchase I'm considering at the moment is a pair of "trail sandals" - for around camp and for those essential nocturnal journeys.

What are your thoughts?

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
[

I'm a habitual day-to-day boot wearer, to the point at which I feel uncomfortable in shoes, in fact I don't own any shoes any more.
Running around the house I go barefoot.

nice one , i`m not alone then, :-D

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
When out and about I've got a pair of Brasher Hillmasters. I used to go about the house and garden barefoot, but now I've got a ******* veruca :evil: which I can't get rid of, and now my, once nice hard, rough, callused feet have gone all smooth and fairy liquid soft :evil:.

Grrrrrrrr!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE