Boot recomendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joe Hall

Mar 25, 2013
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Hi all.
I am in need of some new walking boots.
I would be very grateful if anyone could recommend some to me.
I am keen to go for a leather pair this time, purely for their waterproof abilities.
Money is a bit tight at the mo, but I'd want to spend around £50 or there abouts.

Would love some feedback.

Cheers,
J

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
My pair are 2 or 3 yrs old, made by Trezeta, leather and gore tex padded ankle support and vibram sole, very comfy. Would buy them again. I got them from Blacks I think. (sub £50 at the time)
Had a pair before that made by or for Caterpillar, again comfy at around £90 , but they did not last as long as the previous cheapo pair from Millets that saw me through a swamp in florida and various hikes through Crete.
Whatever you buy walk around the shop for a bit before buying, not just a few paces up and down.
Hope you find some comfy ones.:)

Rob.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Just got back from the altberg factory, & now have another pair of field & fells, & my son also got a pair. No help to you i'm afraid as they were a bit more than you want pay, i just wanted to bragg about it !.

Rob

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
These are very good for the money. I did damage them but it was part my fault and part dry leather. Now broken in and after a dozen coats of dubbin are all good.
This is my second pair after trying a few other brands I am back to these.
You can get them for less than £50 but you have to keep your eyes peeled on ebay daily. They seem to be issue only so no where stocks them.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96438&highlight=gortex+cold+weather+boots

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I've had all kinds of boots, some cheap, some not but the best boots i've ever worn are german para boots. I wear mine every single day; use them on the motorbike and use them when i go out walking at the weekends, brilliant, comfortable and completely waterproof. There are a couple of different kinds, these are the best ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Ar...ctables_Militaria_LE&var=&hash=item2a29a06cbc

cheers

Joab

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
as light as you can get !

Teva, makers of ultralight footware, did a study saying heavy footware equates to alot of energy expeniture, something like 100g extra expends such and such exertion.

Ok leather if needed for waterproofness and insulation in winter, in the summer I go for lightweight mesh watersport trainers

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
as light as you can get !

Teva, makers of ultralight footware, did a study saying heavy footware equates to alot of energy expeniture, something like 100g extra expends such and such exertion.

Ok leather if needed for waterproofness and insulation in winter, in the summer I go for lightweight mesh watersport trainers

Meindl burma pro GTX best boot ever made

I am sure there are lots of boots out there for the £150 upwards but the op is after something sub £50.
I tried a few pairs of karrimore, all useless poor quality all around £50. Keep an eye out for a bargain but i would avoid worn boots as they tent to have been broken in to another foot rather than yours. ;)

Joe Hall

Mar 25, 2013
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Cheers for the recomendations!
I have been keeping my eye out for Army suplus boots for a while actually. There is a stall in Leeds Kirkgate Market that usually has a pair in.
Might try them on next time I'm in the area if the size is right and they don't look battered.

J

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
the meindl look good.

Hitec euro boots lightweight and not expensive.

Also if your after a second pair of lightweight packable shoes , sports direct have a few pumps like lee cooper, 200g a pair

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE