Bombs in London

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Viking said:
But in a time like this I must say I am happily surpised how calm evryone seems to be. I guess you don´t break the british that easy.
That's the only way we can win - show to the perpetrators that the attacks do nothing for them.
My thoughts with everyone who suffered at the hands of today's tragedy.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Glued to the telly for most of the time today ... after seeing those horrible pictures on it at around 10 o'clock this morning ...

My thoughts are with the victims and their families, all Londoners and all our Bushcrafti mates who life and / or cummute in London.

A terrorist attack on the UK will be an attack on the NL!
(Now, where are those shooting smileys when you need them :rolleyes: :eek: )

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
My oldest friend called me today to tell me that she loved me.

Everyday should be an I love you day, because you should never rely on life doing what you expect it to.

dsgr

Dec 31, 2004
Greece
I would like to express my outrage to the cowards who carried out these attacks. My deepest sympathies go to the victims & their families. I hope that members of BCUK & their loved ones are all OK. London is a wonderful city, I have great memories from many visits. Keep your spirits up!

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Never leave till tomorrow what you can do today Kim, The British are unbreakable Viking thats why we have the best armed forces in the world, These cowardly Bas***ds (fatherless childeren) just bring us together and make us stronger.They will be found and will be brought to justice.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Really sad, my thoughts are with those that have family and friends in the area and to the victims

Al-Quadea the b****rds hope they all burn

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
So, as bushcrafters what can we do? Everyone here is more or less prepared to go out into nature and have a good time. Even if Nature is in a bad mood and we are 'less prepared' the mindset is ' I can handle this, and even have fun though colder and hungrier than I'd prefer.' So now, how is everyone's 'urbancraft?' Do you have a small quality torch to lead others through a smoke filled street? What about a single quality battledressing or multitool? Have you talked with your loved ones about such an eventuality? Do you have a communications plan, perhaps a third party outside of your area that can receive quick messages that everyone is allright without tieing up the affected area's communications? One doesn't have to be a survivalist nutter, or even one of those ETS mob to have just a few physical and tactical preparations to make you just prepared' and have that vital edge to pull through.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
ChrisKavanaugh said:
So now, how is everyone's 'urbancraft?' Do you have a small quality torch to lead others through a smoke filled street? What about a single quality battledressing or multitool? Have you talked with your loved ones about such an eventuality? Do you have a communications plan, perhaps a third party outside of your area that can receive quick messages that everyone is allright without tieing up the affected area's communications? One doesn't have to be a survivalist nutter, or even one of those ETS mob to have just a few physical and tactical preparations to make you just prepared' and have that vital edge to pull through.

The government here has been trying to encourage people to have a small stock of survival food in case we disrupted by a terrorist attack but most people mocked the pamphlet that was sent out to every single UK household.

I didn't. My wife and I always make sure we have at least three days food, water and emergency power.

I always carry a few basic survival items with me, multitool, knife, torch etc. I advise everybody to do the same but most people either can't be bothered or think I'm a gadget freak (I am but the that's not related to my desire to be prepared). These same people are more than happy to use my SAK to open their beer bottle or my torch to poke around looking under a computer desk though.

We never know what a day is going to bring forth and having a few simple tools can change your circumstances dramatically.

Rick

Jun 26, 2005
Brighton
ChrisKavanaugh said:
So, as bushcrafters what can we do?.

It seems to me that the quick and effective response by the emergency services is a good example to us all. Perhaps we should all have our own emergency plans in place for incedents such as this which may happen in our locale. An intimate knowlege of nature helps us to be comfortable when outdoors, so an intimate knowlege of our own homes, towns cities etc. is vital for us to be comfortable in such terrible circumstances. Little things such as do you know where to shut off your gas supply? do you have enough food for several days without access to shops? what are the quickest and clearest routes to escape trouble? I hope I don't sound alarmist! I guess it's about being aware so that you can relax and enjoy life.
My prayers go out to those involved in this tragedy.

M

marcja

Rebel said:
I didn't. My wife and I always make sure we have at least three days food, water and emergency power.

We never know what a day is going to bring forth and having a few simple tools can change your circumstances dramatically.

Couldn't agree more, I never leave the house iwthout my multitool and mini-mag.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Ed said:
People are not calm.... its just the mods are doing a good job of deleteing all the racist anti arab/muslim/imagrants post from here.... as they will not be tolerated... please take these post to other forums.

Thanks

Ed

Ahem....

I was watching this thread very closely all afternoon, and I must say that the moderators must have been doing a very[/b) quick and efficient job.

I didn't spot a single racist comment the whole time.

Keith.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
ChrisKavanaugh said:
So, as bushcrafters what can we do? Everyone here is more or less prepared to go out into nature and have a good time. Even if Nature is in a bad mood and we are 'less prepared' the mindset is ' I can handle this, and even have fun though colder and hungrier than I'd prefer.' So now, how is everyone's 'urbancraft?' Do you have a small quality torch to lead others through a smoke filled street? What about a single quality battledressing or multitool? Have you talked with your loved ones about such an eventuality? Do you have a communications plan, perhaps a third party outside of your area that can receive quick messages that everyone is allright without tieing up the affected area's communications? One doesn't have to be a survivalist nutter, or even one of those ETS mob to have just a few physical and tactical preparations to make you just prepared' and have that vital edge to pull through.

Scwhert's good posts about his "woolen vest", a sort of "urban survival waistcoat with lotsa pockets" springs to mind. He was thinking more about eathquakes and the occasional riot, IIRR, but a similar sort of kit would have been useful for a few people today.

But more importantly, "kit is great, but knowledge beats kit". Learning first aid techniques, learning to find your way without sight, training yourself to stay calm and to calm others would be more useful than lugging around a load of kit.

Keith.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
zambezi said:
I will ever stand fast in the defense of democracy. I will always use my voice to move governance towards the fair treatment of all peoples, here and abroad.

We live and work in London and will be at work tomorrow.

Vince & Tina

Let it be water off a duck's back. Show the perpetrators that we cannot be intimidated.

Some think that the phrase "turn the other cheek" is weakness, allowing an aggressor to strike a second time.

In fact, by showing the aggressor that his first strike was wasted, that you hold his violence in utter contempt and that you have the courage and strength to shrug it off, you discourage him.

He expects a certain reaction. Don't give him the reaction he expects.
Show him that however much clumsy, indiscriminate force he expends on that first strike, and on his second, you're steadfast and courageous.

After the first strike, explain that he is wasting his time; you are right, he is wrong and you will not change.

After the second strike, explain again.

But if he strikes a third time, it is pointless to seek to convince him.

Keith.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
My deepest sympathies to all the folks in the UK. It is a very sad moment for all of civilization and a reminder that life is short and often unjust. One of the things that has always attracted me to this forum is the enthusiasm you all share for living life at the very basic and simple level. I know that spirit will continue and I know it will sustain you all during this very trying and sad ordeal. Please know that the world shares your sorrow.

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Thinking about the victims, saddened by the loss of life, and worried that is it just the beginning...

I am South African, New Zealand resident, but half my family tree started in Sherwood a long rime ago, so these people are family...

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Officially 37 dead so far

My sympathies to the families

Don't know what else to say without going into a rant
What a waste of life

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE