Bombs in London

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
The CNN website is coping well and has good coverage.

It seems to be several tube bomb and at least 2 busses!

Why oh why!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Latest update is three buses have been blown up - several tube statins and a aldgate power station.

Terrorist have targeted rush hour traffic/commuters hoping to kill or maim as many people as possible.

I am too sickened to even comment further.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Islamic terrorsit now believed to have carried out the attack.

Army are now on the streets.

Police are saying minimum of 20 dead so far. A bus was seen carrying casualties into one hospital there were so many of them.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Very sad news :( What a stupid waste of life.

I'm off to the woods where the killing at least has a purpose and is not caused by malice and stupidity.

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
Our thoughts are with you guys!

I have one buddy stationed in London and another currently travelling around in the UK (possibly in London). Lets hope the casualties are kept at a minimum but as the news are pointing out, this stinks of a coordinated terrorist attack.

Keep safe out there.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I have a friend who works at Brunswick Square, just around the corner from the bus bombing, Russel Square is a local station. With the mobile network down I am having a hard time not picking up the phone to ring their switchboard, see if they are OK. Of course there is not a thing I can do, and such a call only ties up resources :(

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
No suicide bombers expected - (they didnt even have the courage to do that or the decency to rid the world of themselves!) and current thoughts are it was just one Al Queda cell.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
C_Claycomb said:
I have a friend who works at Brunswick Square, just around the corner from the bus bombing, Russel Square is a local station. With the mobile network down I am having a hard time not picking up the phone to ring their switchboard, see if they are OK. Of course there is not a thing I can do, and such a call only ties up resources :(

Chris the phone network is currently being switched to the emergency services - many mobile and land lines are now not taking civilian traffic any way mate.

I have both friends and family all in that area and we can only hope for the best.

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
the thing is - with respect to "Al Queda" - its not really an organised group, and by the nature of these terrorists, they work pretty much alone, and do what they do.

last thing i expected today - just heard that the north laines area of brighton is sealed off as a suspect package has been found at brighton station.
bleak day. - cant contact quite a few friends who commute to london.

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Gary said:
No suicide bombers expected - (they didnt even have the courage to do that or the decency to rid the world of themselves!) and current thoughts are it was just one Al Queda cell.

Looking like the bus explosion was a suicide bomber now.

Edd-UK

Feb 9, 2005
Wirral, uk
this is very sad news.
my mother was on the tube system this time yesterday, it scares me to much to think about what could of happend.
i hope that every one here and there familiys are ok. my thoughts are with the people involved

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
weekend_warrior said:
Looking like the bus explosion was a suicide bomber now.

Well that makes it a definate Islamic attack - and I hope the bombers rot in hell!

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Just seen it on the news in the canteen here in work. I am in shock. As a comuter I can only imagine what these poor people have gone through this morning.

My prayers and thoughts go out too all off you that either are there or have a have friends and family in the area.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE