Bombs in London

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Its only been a matter of time i think,surprised its taken this long for something to happen.It may be only the begining too.I expect the death toll to rise sharply later in the day.Your thoughts have to go out to the familys effected. :(

Venger

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2005
Nottingham
To be honest, we should count ourselves lucky they didn't go for an all out killing attack (I know people have died, my thoughts to their familes)
They just went out to cripple London's transport system.
God knows the damage they would have done at 8.50am if they really wanted to kill people.
It will make transport around the country more difficult as everyone will go into 'high alert' - on trains, buses etc.

(I don't really understand what they hope to acheive by doing this?)

Thoughts and condolences to all involved

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
grahoom said:
the thing is - with respect to "Al Queda" - its not really an organised group, and by the nature of these terrorists, they work pretty much alone, and do what they do.

last thing i expected today - just heard that the north laines area of brighton is sealed off as a suspect package has been found at brighton station.
bleak day. - cant contact quite a few friends who commute to london.

I will give no respect and no mercy to the terrorists responsible for the London bombings, the Madrid bombings, the Paris bombings.

Keith.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Venger said:
To be honest, we should count ourselves lucky they didn't go for an all out killing attack (I know people have died, my thoughts to their familes)
They just went out to cripple London's transport system.
God knows the damage they would have done at 8.50am if they really wanted to kill people.
It will make transport around the country more difficult as everyone will go into 'high alert' - on trains, buses etc.

(I don't really understand what they hope to acheive by doing this?)

Thoughts and condolences to all involved

Bombing rush hour London wasnt aimed at disrupting the traffic is was aimed at killing as many people as possible mate - if they wanted to disrupt the city a load of hoax calls would have done that!

I have thought against these people and we christians are nothing but scum to them and our lives worth less than a dogs!

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Not wanting to be gloomy but i think its going to get alot worse before it gets better.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
we should all be thinking of the victims and their familys, my brother was 2 min's from the liverpool st bomb, a scary moment for me to say the least, the emergency services are pulling out every stop respect to every last one of them. so lets all hope that the people who are responcible are brought to justice quickly.

J

Jamie

Ok Everyone

I think its safe to say how shocked and saddened we all are by whats happened in London today. However, we do not want this thread to degenerate into a slinging match. This thread is being monitored closely as this is such an emotive subject and the last thing we need are people getting (more) upset by careless or thoughtless comments.

Thanks for your understanding.

J

Jamie

whitebuffalo said:
People who make such comparisons are IMO misguided at best and very dangerious at worst and it is because of the liberal society we now live in such atrocities can be carried out.
Whitebuffalo, This thread will NOT become a political forum...it is solely to be used to express the sadness people feel at what has happened. If you, or anyone else for that matter, decide to keep using it as such the thread will be deleted and you will be robbing people an opportunity to express their regret. Please do not let it come to that.

Thank you

M

marcja

Firstly, I think it's fair to say all our thoughts are with the dead & injured and their families.

Secondly, where do these people find their reasoning?

If as one would assume these attacks were timed to coincide with the beginning of the G8 and to halt the summit. Did they think that they would succeed? Surely not.

The message has been given time & time again. Neither the UK nor any other democratic country in this world of ours will give in to terrorism. Something which I stron gly agree with.

M

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Just heard the Home Secretary's statement in the commons.

It is not often that you hear the whole house being so supportive and non combative.

When will these stupid terrorist realise that they make our society more cohesive and stronger because of their atrocities.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Our country has seen worse and come through stoically. It's what we're good at. Please stay calm everyone. Such actions are performed expressly to elicit a response.

I've just managed to reach friends in London on the Orange Network. If you don't have an Orange Mobile phone yourself, see if someone nearby would allow you to use theirs.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I'm okay and as far as I know my friends and associates are all okay too. My mobile (Orange) is working but I don't want to make calls to everybody at this moment.

If these evil people think they can scare us they are mistaken. When our nation is put under pressure and we have a common enemy to fight it will unite us in our resolve to get rid of them.

Even the world leaders and politicians are united on this one.

I love a good moan about our great country and I'm sad to see the state we're in but when something like this comes along I'm more willing than ever to fight to defend it and my right to be able to speak freely.

-------------------------
"All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I've just come back in from Liverpool street and Tavistock Square - got a call and was sent up to photograph. There's really not much to see now - Central London is absolutely gridlocked for anything other than a motorbike. The fear at the moment is for follow-up attacks and the police have created quite a wide exclusion zone. That being said most of the public seem to be walking about and getting on with life. I guess there's not much else you can do.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've just torn myself away from the telly. I am filled (once again) with disgust and horror at the levels people will stoop to to try and advance their own agendas. My thoughts are with the victims and families at this time and my thoughts are also with our leaders (regardless of their politics)

Eric

whitebuffalo

Banned
Oct 28, 2004
Cornwall
I agree with you Rebel it is what we British are good at and woe unto the enemy who forgets that. While in peace we are a afficable race, almost soft. Yet in war we are a strong and united people capable of suffering greatly and resisting all foes mightily. Before the olympic bid the french joked what had we brought europe I say freedom, what more could they want?

Jamie, I am sorry my response came across as it did but it was in response to another reply comparing the attacks today with our actions in WW2. The previous reply seems to have been deleted leaving mine to be highlighted and (i noted you did not highlight my comments of sympathy to the victims which was my intention is said reply) while I stand by my statement I agree this isnt the forum to discuss it.

Again I apolgise for my less than tacturn replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE