Blueberry Gin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
got some blueberries the other week and never got round to eating them, so i bunged them in the freezer for a later date.....

just been to the big T and got some Gin (a small half bottle) drank some....lol.... then filled the remainder with some berries.

the bottle is about 1/3 full of berries leaving some room in the top and neck at this point.....

i then filled the remainder with sugar about 4 tbl spoons put the lid on and shook it up......

job done, shake every day for 1-2 weeks and then once a week for 3 months.....then drink......

will let you know how it tastes in about 3 months.........

going to try strawberry, blueberry and sloe wine doing the same thing with a blank wine = 1kg sugar 2 tea spoons yeast 1 lemon juice 1 gallon (4.5 l ) of water and brew as normal bottle off then add the fruit and sugar... it works realy well with sloe but not sure about the rest but we will see.....

chris...........................

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
no probs mate....... the wine can be made in coke bottles if you like..... just dont screw the top on fully so the gas can escape..........

chris...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
the blueberry gin is looking good and tastes awesome allready.........

few pic's for you to look at....

Thanks......

chris..............................................

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
got some sloe brandy on the go and in about a week when my blank wine has finished i will be doing bleuberry, sloe and strawberry wine in the same way.........awesome.......

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sorry just seen this again, drank the gin on sat with Joel and John......mmmmmmmmm awesome........

to your question dave you can flavour any booz, but its a bit of a waist of money to get good stuff as the flavour changes for the better anyway.....but yes by all means, rum,brandy,vodka,wiskey and wine to name but a few can be flavoured with fruit and you can also add your own spice.....for eg you could have sloe rum spiced with cinnemon and cloves......

give it a go and see how you like it........

regards...

chris..........................................................

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
I can vouch for that Gin.... out of this world!
By the way Chris, thanks for the leftover cider, the wife loved it!

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I've added to mine it's now in a 2 litre bottle as it was so nice it appeared to be evaporating by the sherry glass full the bigger bottles with a better lid has put a stop to it:lmao:

The colour is now a nice deep purple so it doesn't look like meths any more.

Sloe gin is well on it's way but I think I now prefer the Blueberry.

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE