Bloody ghost!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
If ghosts exist, why aren't they everywhere? Why cant they be proven scientifically?

If you look at the latest experiments in the field of quantum mechanics, its proving virtually impossible to measure the Higgs particle, because [FONT=arial, sans-serif]the instant it finds itself in existence, it disappears!

What about dark matter? Scientists know it exists, because they can see its effect on gravity - but they can't see it, and haven't found a way to measure it.

I find it funny that so many people will entertain the idea that dark matter exists, but not ghosts.

Come to think of it...

... Maybe dark matter is just all the ghosts for the last million years :)
[/FONT]

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
"What about dark matter? Scientists know it exists, because they can see its effect on gravity"
"I find it funny that so many people will entertain the idea that dark matter exists, but not ghosts."
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Ermm.... You've answered your own question there.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
A ghost turned on a tap? That's just brilliant. Brilliant and pointless.

Whether ghosts exist or not; whether it was a ghost that turned on the taps are not; I have a question. Why does something (anything) have to have a point to exist? I think we all agree dogs exist; what's the point? Monkeys that we supposedly evolved from exist; what's the point? Wouldn't the universe be here with or without dogs? With or without monkeys? With or without us? What's the point in the universe existing? Apparently all these things do exist but what's the point?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
If you have a better explanation as to how four taps turned themselves on while i stood next to them taking a leak, i'd love to hear it...

they were all already turned on but the water had been turned off further down the line, at a stop tap maybe, the stop tap was turned on and water started running from all four taps simultaneously?

edit; i've just re-read your original account of the ghostly taps and apparently it took place whilst you were away at a cadet camp. my explanation for anything at all odd that happened during that trip would be exactly the same, elaborate practical joke. IME all cadets are evil little gits, and air cadets are clever little gits, evil+clever+away from home for the weekend=many many elaborate practical jokes

Last edited:

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Regarding the taps where they those automatic sensor type?
They could of already been turned on but the water presure too low for them to run untill you turned the tap on the end?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
A lemur type thingy. But there's no reason why that couldn't still exist. Just because species B evolves from species A doesn't mean that species A dissapears.

Exactly. Hence there are still wolves although dogs evolved from domesticated wolves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE