Bloody ghost!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damo74

Aug 6, 2012
Lincolnshire
Hi Just thought I would see if any of you have had any experiance of ghosts!! Mine happened when I was working near Nottingham on the A52 at a row of houses near the RSPCA rescue center. Being a wall and floor tiler I get to work in all kinds of places old and new but this one job was in and old victorian house that a young couple had bought but not moved into yet while the work was being completed.I was contracted to tile the down stairs hallway and kitchen with 6" square red and black floor tiles and to put laminate down in all the other rooms. I estimated about a week or two's work.

On my first day I turn up get my tools out and start working.About 2 hours in to the job I hear banging upstairs and feet clomping about!! Seeing as I'm the only one in the house I was a bit unnerved but went to check it out anyway. Checked out all the rooms upstairs and find nothing no doors loose and banging or any sign of anybody.

Now I'm thinking to myself I must be imagining it so go back downstairs and carry on tiling.Again I can hear the banging and feet walking around and even someone running!!!!
this goes on all day I even rang my wife to tell her and she just laughed and told me I was making it up!

I must have gone for about 20 tea breaks that first day outside and I don't mind admitting it but it was freaking me out.On the second day I took my ipod with a docking station and had that blasting out really loud to drown the noise of feet but it packed up about dinner time and has never worked since. To be fair though that could just be a coincidence. Got myself a digital radio from asda and had that blasting out for the rest of the job to help me through it.

The problem I had was I couldn't afford to walk off the job so had to live with it and by the second week I had got used to it as long as nothing talked to me or threw anything I could cope with it.

one last thing when I was tiling at the foot of the stairs I had a very strong feeling someone was watching me from the top also there where strange carvings in the newel post.I never told the young couple when I finished so god knows what they must think to living there.

I can laugh about it now but at the time it was very creepy and I didn't enjoy that job at all!!:(

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I like ghostly tales,enjoyed the read but i would have ben out of there:lmao:
I used to watch that derek acora programme but then would go to bed spooked.:yikes:

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I used to live in a house in a village with my now ex-wife and she used to say she had the feeling someone was stood next to the bed at night, I told her it was rubbish. At night I would be cool in the bed but she was boiling which my thoughts was I was closer to the window.

She talked to the landlord about it and he said he saw a figure in one of the bedrooms when he used to live there.

From that day the wife kept talking about it and I told her not too, as if she did it would get into my head.

Finally she said she had enough and wanted to swap sides of the bed, adding 'the goats can get u tonight'. When we swapped I was boiling all night, sure enough her talk had done its job and I felt like something was there. I ignored my mind playing tricks on me until something hit the headboard 3 times as if it was getting flicked. I shat myself, when I tired to get out of bed I found myself pinned down unable to move it say anything! I struggled to move and finally was able to get out of bed and wake the ex-wife up and told her what had happened.. she laugh and said I told u so and went back to sleep... I didn't lol.

Several years later I still believed it was all in my head until when out in south Africa it happened again.

I do not speak about it and even typing this puts a shiver down my spine.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Thats a scary story,that would have certainly unerved me!:eek:

I used to live in a house in a village with my now ex-wife and she used to say she had the feeling someone was stood next to the bed at night, I told her it was rubbish. At night I would be cool in the bed but she was boiling which my thoughts was I was closer to the window.

She talked to the landlord about it and he said he saw a figure in one of the bedrooms when he used to live there.

From that day the wife kept talking about it and I told her not too, as if she did it would get into my head.

Finally she said she had enough and wanted to swap sides of the bed, adding 'the goats can get u tonight'. When we swapped I was boiling all night, sure enough her talk had done its job and I felt like something was there. I ignored my mind playing tricks on me until something hit the headboard 3 times as if it was getting flicked. I shat myself, when I tired to get out of bed I found myself pinned down unable to move it say anything! I struggled to move and finally was able to get out of bed and wake the ex-wife up and told her what had happened.. she laugh and said I told u so and went back to sleep... I didn't lol.

Several years later I still believed it was all in my head until when out in south Africa it happened again.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
There are many quite ordinary things that can cause this.

When I was on North Rona I had very grotesque dreams (not scary, but bizzare and grusome imagery) I have no idea if the place is haunted but it is an island with a grim reputation.

(Im not the only one)

I put it down to the petrels who are night birds and they have strange and sinister cries

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
When I was in the air cadets, we used to stay in an old hall in Blubberhouses, near Menwith Hill.

That place was most definitely haunted! Once I woke to see a ghostly woman stood at the foot of my bed, gazing out of the window.

Another time. All the taps in the toilet turned on by themselves when I went for a pee in the night - I was the only one in the loo & the taps turned on right next to me!

The hand cranked fire alarm/bell went off in the night once, we all evacuated and ran past the bell to see the handle turning by itself!

But years later, not long after getting my first car, I took a group of friends back to see the hall. We parked up, walked round the now deserted building and back down the path, closing the rusty sprung gate behind. A few steps down the path, we heard the gate open & then close!!! We ran up the road towards the church.

I pass it regularly, but strangely don't fancy stopping :)

Sent from myPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

Sleep paralysis?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Don't believe in there actually being ghosts ...... but .... when I was a teenager, a girl up the road was killed in a motorbike accident. A couple of months later I was cycling past her house and saw her standing there patting her golden lab on the head, did a double take and of course it was just the dog. Sitting there, behaving exactly as if it was having its' head patted ...

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
friends of my wife lived in a councel house with there mother all 3 girls shared one room well they used to get hair brushes and toys thrown at them and hair pulled in the end they moved out of the house it got so bad !!
also my local woods at coxhoe hall is haunted buy the blue lady its a girl servent who was killed by her boyfriend who was the coachman of the hall he locked her in a store room and she suffercated its a well known tale as it only happened in the 1890's and some old staff from the village swore till there dying day it was her they had seen. my father in law is huge and a hard case in his day and says im nuts when i go through the woods in the dark..i dont tell him its the only woods that has a feeling and scares the life out of me im pleased to get out of :)

Damo74

Aug 6, 2012
Lincolnshire
Some intresting tales there people and also some intresting explanations.I cannot say for certain that there is'nt a reasonable explanation but it was bloody creepy at the time and I'm glad I don't live there.I got through plenty of tea on that job though.
Johnnyboy 71 one of the carvings was an eye and another was a triangle, there where a few more but I cannot remember exactly I did wonder if they might be freemason symbols.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Our old house had these 'issues', I had never been superstitious until I had definite proof.
It started about 5 years ago, our eldest used to sleep walk, and many nights he'd walk into the toilet and pee on the floor or in the bath.
One night swmbo and I were in bed, I heard the toilet door swing open, and light pull cord bang on the wall, after a few seconds there was no water hitting water sound. So I dashed into the toilet to make sure he wasn't filling the bath with pee, but, no one was there. I went back to the kids room. Finding both boys tucked up and sound asleep.

Other things used to happen. Lights switching on. TVs turning on downstairs while in bed. Swmbo seeing shadows in the hallway.

The definite proof I mentioned came last year. We were packing the house for the house move, sold the kids bunk beds. They had our bed, the youngest had their own, we slept downstairs, swmbo on settee, me on the hammock suspended via large eye bolts in the walls. The strange things were still happening.
One night the mother in law had all the kids and our dog overnight, and we again slept downstairs. This night, swmbo had downloaded an app on the iPad to catch me talking in my sleep. This app runs all night, recording everything it picks up.
The following morning we went through the recordings, and were horrified to hear footsteps running up stairs, along the landing, downstairs, into the room, voices, taps running.
Now I sleep with one eye open, and hear a cockroach fart. It wasn't us. We had no neighbours.
However since we moved, we've had nothing.
I have no explanation for the sounds. We'd used the app many times since, its not a glitch, we could hear swmbos snoring.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE