Bloody ghost!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Hmm Air Cadets, Army Cadets?

Not sure where I stand on that argument since i was an Army Cadet but i've also been an Air Cadet Instructor and now i'm a Scout leader.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Don't believe in there actually being ghosts ...... but .... when I was a teenager, a girl up the road was killed in a motorbike accident. A couple of months later I was cycling past her house and saw her standing there patting her golden lab on the head, did a double take and of course it was just the dog. Sitting there, behaving exactly as if it was having its' head patted ...

That's interesting as I have had a similar experience. An old boy I knew when I was an apprentice passed away from cancer. A while after he died I was walking in the town when I saw him walking towards me, he turned down a side street before I reached him and when I looked down the side street there was nobody there. All very odd really. I've often wondered whether it was just someone who looked a bit like him and my mind made the (wrong) connection that it was him - but where did he go?

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
All life forms are energy, energy can not be destroyed, only transformed. Once the body the dies the energy must still exist somewhere. IMO it returns to the planet from where it came, and will be recycled and used again.

Also the planet is one giant magnet with a very high percentage of iron. A video tape works by running an iron (of some form) strip across a magnet to record and play video. To me it seems possible that ghosts are merely recordings in time, an echo of what was, yet not what is, an echo that possibly will be again.

Do i believe in ghosts? Not in the supernatural sense, no. Do i believe people see/hear ghosts, i'm undecided to be honest.

But thats my view about all this reincarnation/afterlife stuff. We dont die as such, though our bodies and sense of self are linked to each other, when the body dies the individuality that was that body goes too. The energy that formed us returns to the earth to be used again.

Interesting theory and worth checking out the legend of the civil war at (I think) Edgehill where the actual battle was seen to be repeated a few months after it happened and local people went to watch (really??). Allegedly they saw the battle being fought and Prince Rupert was there - who was still very much alive, so not a "ghost". Apparently this reached the ears of the court of Charles 1 who sent some people to investigate and they also saw the phenomenon, allegedly confirming that they too had seen Prince Rupert (who was at that time back in London) taking part. All very peculiar, but if more than an urban myth it would bear out your theory of the atmosphere/environment recording events in some way.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Interesting theory and worth checking out the legend of the civil war at (I think) Edgehill where the actual battle was seen to be repeated a few months after it happened and local people went to watch (really??). Allegedly they saw the battle being fought and Prince Rupert was there - who was still very much alive, so not a "ghost". Apparently this reached the ears of the court of Charles 1 who sent some people to investigate and they also saw the phenomenon, allegedly confirming that they too had seen Prince Rupert (who was at that time back in London) taking part. All very peculiar, but if more than an urban myth it would bear out your theory of the atmosphere/environment recording events in some way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/coventry/content/articles/2006/05/24/weird_edgehill_ghosts_feature.shtml

Sent from myPhone

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I do not believe in ghosts, but have had things moved and "arranged" in my old house!!
Coming into an empty house early in the morning and finding your bathroom item neatly arranged into a line from the top of the stairs to the toilet is kind of weird, having the cover/pillows pulled at night was strange too.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I think that's an interesting theory. I've had several Minor experiences that have been 'ghostly' but I don't do the heaven hell thing so this idea could ring true for me. One is recurring in my shop and has effected more than one person. When I first started there I had been there a month I guess, and was cashing up and i became aware of what looked like someone standing at the far end of the shop, sort of out the corner of your eye type thing. This happened a couple of times and one morning I risked making a prat of myself and while brewing up asked if anyone else had seen anything odd in the shop? The manager and supervisor looked at me, looked at each other, and said what did I mean? I said that I'd seen possibly someone in the shop with me. The supervisor then said she'd seen a dark figure at the far end of the shop, and when I asked her to show me where she went and stood on the spot I'd seen it. They both said they had seen it, and over the years now I've seen it several times. It got mentioned the other day and we were talking about the shuck or shug which is seen locally, and one staff member said her boyfriend had seen the shug, I said about our ghostly customer, and she said she hadn't wanted to say anything but had seen what she thought was someone in a dark coat walking upto the far end of the shop and in fact no one was there when she went and looked. I've had other experiences elsewhere and remain open minded and scared to death at the same time. I think environment and things like ifrasound have a lot of influence, but some things you hear are very peculiar.

All life forms are energy, energy can not be destroyed, only transformed. Once the body the dies the energy must still exist somewhere. IMO it returns to the planet from where it came, and will be recycled and used again.

Also the planet is one giant magnet with a very high percentage of iron. A video tape works by running an iron (of some form) strip across a magnet to record and play video. To me it seems possible that ghosts are merely recordings in time, an echo of what was, yet not what is, an echo that possibly will be again.

Do i believe in ghosts? Not in the supernatural sense, no. Do i believe people see/hear ghosts, i'm undecided to be honest.

But thats my view about all this reincarnation/afterlife stuff. We dont die as such, though our bodies and sense of self are linked to each other, when the body dies the individuality that was that body goes too. The energy that formed us returns to the earth to be used again.

Last edited:

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
I was an air cadet..... be afraid....be very afraid.... :lmao:

Of what? You crying about heights? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seems I derailed the subject somewhat so apologies for that.:p

Getting back on track, I haven't seen a ghost myself but I am open minded enough to believe there's something to the phenomenon. I have been in some creepy places and know of two people who have each had separate sightings and I trust them to not be BSing me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE