Side Hustle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just interested in what side hustles ( if any ) people have going on?

So not your main job but a side hustle of any sort you either have or have held in the past and if so what was it?

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Not really a side hustle but it contributed a cornet or two to a holiday over a year.

I used to run flute workshops. In the first half we made flutes together and in the second half we learned to play them - even if participants had never played an instrument before.

The work involved depended upon the venue. At festivals I’d only got a couple of hours for everything so a lot of prefabrication went on.

In an ideal situation a group would have a flute day. We’d make flutes in the morning. Enjoy a shared lunch and then play and I’d tell flute stories for the afternoon.

I still have all the tools. Goodness knows how much the conduit would cost these days.

What I do not have is the public liability insurance.

Reactions: dwardo and Toddy

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Running my own companies for 30 years it was hard to leave the work behind so I used to get involved in all manner of additional stuff, including:

non-exec positions advising small businesses
chairing a volunteer group
delivering off-road/4x4 training
delivering recovery and winch training
wilderness skills training

But, they weren't side hustles because I didn't charge for most of them :)

Reactions: dwardo and Toddy

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I’m sure a few of you already know this, but I have a workshop where I make all manner of things from furniture to canoe paddles to timber framed porches. It would be nice if one day it progressed from a side hustle to a full time job, but I’ll take what I have at the moment and enjoy the variety.

Toby1

Aug 29, 2022
Sussex
Side hustles - selling or coaching

Tried selling on eBay and now looking a drop shipping products so will see that goes.

I also use an app called Shepper it’s for mystery shopping make a few quid and is easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 29, 2022
East Suffolk
I've been selling leather work on the side for a few years, I'm hoping to start incorporating some canvas/fabric work into the mix once it's up to a saleable standard.
Being self employed and running my own business means I am very fortunate in as much as I can shift the balance between my main job and my other work relatively easily.

I'm looking for other, more passive incomes to tick along in the background too.

DannoBailey

Jan 14, 2017
Stafford
Hi All,

By trade I am a manufacturing/engineering manager, project manager, and financial investor. I use to be in the electrical/mechanical arena within the power generation sector. Now semi retired at 52 I give my time to the Canal & River Trust, although my main income is investing. Currently managing a project on the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in Wales. This doesn’t go without challenges, constraints, and risks from internal/external stakeholders, so can be a full time job!

I felt I needed to give something back…

If anyone is in the location of Staffordshire and into wild camping and canoeing let me know..

Regards

Dan

Last edited:

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Just interested in what side hustles ( if any ) people have going on?

So not your main job but a side hustle of any sort you either have or have held in the past and if so what was it?
I have couple things. I do wood burning stoves and tripod firepits etc and if i feel like it Pub doors.(did the bushcraft show several times) Cover shifts for prison service and some stewarding ( my sia License expired a year back so im renewing it as soon as opportunity allows its a bit of extra cash but i hate it ( too many twats with badges and little Hitler's)

Reactions: dwardo and TeeDee

gibson 175

Apr 9, 2022
West Yorkshire
I was a busker in Kings Cross and Hammersmith in London many years ago- electric guitar with a battery amp doing Jimi Hendrix and Jazz stuff. Irish jigs and reels and occasional classical tune on the banjo and mandolin and melodica. Left the house at 8 or 9am and back home at midnight -not really a side hustle as it was long hours but it was to support my studies. Not a great amount of money either but enough to buy my food.
I got £1 from David Seaman in Hammersmith when he was on his way to see Riverdance. He threw it into my open guitar casefrom quitre a distance-really I should have dived and caught it before it landed in the case.was

Reactions: dwardo and gg012

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I invest, and trade in financial securities. This is more than just a side hustle, it is something that I am passionate about and something that I wish to take full time some day.

Reactions: Broch and TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE