Black Iron Frying Pans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Only to fry an egg on a gas hob, not used it on a fire yet. It was fine - I guess if anything was going to stick to it and make a mess it would be an egg, but so far it was fine.

Hi.
Blackiron pans are great. I have been using them for years. they are a carbon steel pan, and are available with a small front handle as well as the normal long rear handle. As has already been said, you will need to season and oil them regularly at the beginning. They well eventually take on a "black" colour as you build up a layer of carbon on the pan. Do not try and scrub this off with brillo pads as this will actually help to prevent sticking. By all means remove any food debris and clean the pan as best you can, but don't scrub it back to the metal once it starts to blacken up. Always lightly oil the pan as the carbon steel will rust. Nesbits are a good enough company, but I bet you will get a better deal if you look at a local catering company who will probably offer a much better discount, and I bet will deliver free for an order of that size

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE