Black Bushcraft Belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hiya

Finished this belt this morning. Made from veg-tan 4mm shoulder. Dyed black, hand saddle stitched with bees waxed natural linen (18/3), burnished edges and Edge Koted. Waxed with carnauba then finished with RM Williams Saddle Dressing, gives it a nice rich finish :)
The keeper and the belt had a nice line cut along them for decoration and the buckle is solid brass.
I also stamped my maker's mark to finish.

Comments most welcome :D

PICT0743.jpg

PICT0745.jpg

Cheers Craeg

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Looks good dude, Still don't know why you don't get your makership up an running, any reason why you didn't dye the inside? does the rough side not take a dye to well?

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
I made one in the past with the whole belt dyed and I found that the dye did rub off onto the trouser (cream chinos :doh:) but it does dye fine, it's just my personal choice really ;)

I will get my makers thing set up eventually too.

Thanks mate.

Craeg

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
when I saw the title of the thread my mind went "didnt realise there was such a thing as a black belt bushcrafter...must be some boy scout ranking system" DOH! :surrender:

Ha, same here. I was think "Here we go, that'll get some folks' backs up." :lmao:

Nice belt by the way.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Thought the Bushcraft Black Belt must involve getting Bambi onto the barbie just by will-power and a hard stare...
or some such thing. ;)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Hah thats nothing i'm a 5th dan black belt in... Oh wait you mean you made a belt :p
rather nice belt is that craeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE