Bit of lateral thinking Volume 2 (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hiya,
Been having a play at my workbench recently and thought I'd share some of the results. it all started with me trying to make a condenced woodworking tool kit to carry in the woods, but figured why carry two tools when one could do the job of both. Get my drfit? So with that mind mind I got thinking, then put some of my thought into practice. Here are the results.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

And in closing, I found this out by accident and thought I'd share it too.

0008.jpg

0009.jpg

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Very nice!

If someone wanted to make their own auger handle they could simply drill a piece of wood to fit the 6mm (1/4") socket and epoxy it in.

JonB

Mar 16, 2009
S.E,Kent.
I think you might be putting that other biker fella out of bussiness with your new draw knife design.

PM inbound. with photo.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Nice one mate - and you will never believe me when I say it but I have been thinking about adding a handle to a bushy knife to make a draw knife for a while now - but bar thinking it have not got as far as working out a practical way to do it!

Anyway yours is better than mine would have been! good job!

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
So when I carry my leatherman into the woods I should make sure my socket kit is definately on my key ring and have a 6mm socket if I wanna do some drilling.
Great little idea.
Thanks for sharing.

Biker

Thanks for the feedback folks. Nice to see I wasn't laughed at for this hair-brained idea.

As for Dragon's Den somehow I don't thnk so. If I go in there cap in hand and ask for £½million "funding" they're going to ask searching questions I won't have answers to. I'm sure if they even suspected I'd skeedaddle over the horizon with their cash I wouldn't even get on the show LOL!!

Southey. That's a project I'm working on for an Artist. He wants a large version of one of these:

31X1ThB%2BhqL._CR150,25,220,460_.jpg

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I think you might be putting that other biker fella out of business with your new draw knife design.

PM inbound. with photo.
I think you might find it's the same one.:cool:

Biker, why have you drilled an indent in the end of your Bowie? :confused:
Come on....what attaches there?:rolleyes:
Next step.....Swiss Army Bowie?:):borgsmile
Looks a lot of work and planning to make that figurine.
Why not offer to model for him instead :yikes:...or make a Bushcraft Betty one that would always be prominently displayed?:You_Rock_

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

Why not offer to model for him instead :yikes:...or make a Bushcraft Betty one that would always be prominently displayed?:You_Rock_

A BB posable maquette?
Oh.....yes!
I might even sell my teeth to buy one of those! :D
Great tool ideas there Biker - I have tried putting a handle on a knifetip in the field in the past - I used a split hazel tied with nettle twine but the handle was at 90 degrees to the edge and far from comfortable in use.....

JonB

Mar 16, 2009
S.E,Kent.

I know kev, there can be only one Biker, it was my attempt at humour.
i know i'll shut up now.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
No me. I think my funny bones been removed at the moment. Loads of cr*p going on here at the mo! even my fingers have dyslexia
Ouch...just tested it.....still there as it hurts when you bang it.....I think?

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Very nice indeed! I've used a Mora with a bit of wood on the end but as John said it's far from comfortable. Nice design there Biker.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE