Birch Sap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fatbob

Nomad
Jun 29, 2012
Godmanchester
Went out at the start of this week, tapped two trees left them overnight and came back next morning to a litre from each tree! Most impressed, tried some and froze the rest into ice cube bags for later...:)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have 2 gallons of birchsap wine bubbling away - and taps out to collect another 2 gallons :)
I like birchsap wine!

Would be surprised if you didnt have instant birch sap ice cubes out there by now John. Or does the sugar content help it not to freeze in this weather? Never tried it in freezing temps...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Would be surprised if you didnt have instant birch sap ice cubes out there by now John. Or does the sugar content help it not to freeze in this weather? Never tried it in freezing temps...
It froze in the tube when it was not in the sun.... just enough sun to make things work most of the time! Elen - I will be bringing some wine to the Moot (probably) so if you come along at least you will get the chance of a taster :) It will be last years vintage which is starting to run out....

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It froze in the tube when it was not in the sun.... just enough sun to make things work most of the time! Elen - I will be bringing some wine to the Moot (probably) so if you come along at least you will get the chance of a taster :) It will be last years vintage which is starting to run out....

I'll be camping on your doorstep :hammock::beerchug: Time is part of the trouble, I won't have any really drinkable for 2 yrs really.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'll be camping on your doorstep :hammock::beerchug: Time is part of the trouble, I won't have any really drinkable for 2 yrs really.

You HAVE to find yourself some mature birch trees! Waiting for your own to grow is not in it ... I have 2 planted in my garden though for when I am too old to walk up the woods :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE