Billy Cans or simular, whats best for a first set.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

smallholder

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2009
Cornwall
My son has started coming along for a night out with me so need more than just my mug to cook up something.

Can anyone suggest a set of pots or cans that store easliy and not heavy. I guess a couple of pots and a frying pan.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Morrisons do a couple of stainless canisters which nest inside each other, add a brake cable bail arm and you're good to go :)

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Or the good old Bulldog (type) Billy sets...Ronnie Sunshines stock them
http://www.ronniesunshines.com/billy-tins-pots-pans-p-387.html
cooking%20set.jpg

Billy Can Tins Pots & Pans Set

Six piece quality polished aluminium Billy Can Tin Nesting Set perfect for camping and caravaning.
The 3 Frying pans have folding handles and double up as pot lids and the 3 pots have bail style handles. When packed away this Billy Can Set all fits together inside the large pot and can then be stored in the Codura bag supplied with the Billy Tin Set great for saving space when camping!

Billy Can Set Includes
1 x Nylon Codura Storage Bag
1 x Large 6 Pint Pot, 7" diameter 5" deep
1 x Medium 4 Pint Pot, 6" diameter 4.5" deep
1 x Small 2 Pint Pot, 5" diameter 4" deep
1 x Large Frying pan pot lid, 7" diameter 2" deep
1 x Medium Frying pan pot lid, 6" diameter 2" deep
1 x Small Frying pan pot lid, 5" diameter 2" deep
Total Billy Can Set Weight: 780 gms

all for £11.99 + £2.99 P & P.

HTH

Simon

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Can anyone suggest a set of pots or cans that store easliy and not heavy. I guess a couple of pots and a frying pan.

Aldi did something exactly like that a couple of weeks ago, about eight quid IIRC. Non-stick, great value. You might still find a set at your local Aldi if you're lucky.

darrenh

Apr 20, 2010
new forest
stay away from millets.... I am a former ( but not discruntled ) store manager for Blacks and we use to say our stuff was made by the 7/8 year olds and theres the 5/6 year olds it is more cost effective (long term) to spend a bit more on some better ones. i am only speaking of millets/ blacks own brand. I dont know what the mil-spec or is it mil-com ones are like but i spotted them in the local army surplus store for a nesting set of cans for £10. might be worth checking out if anyone here knows what the quality is like.

smallholder

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2009
Cornwall
Thank you for your suggestions, i think i will have a look locally if nothing turns up i guess Ronnies it will be.

Thanks again

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE