Pots and pans!

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I've not found my ideal pot and pan set up yet. I have a great lifeventure stainless pan and lid, it's about a litre, which is great for my wee wood stove but it's useless for frying as everything sticks to it. It's identical to this one:

MSR steel pan

I like that it's steel, solid, it locks itself up and doesn't rattle, it comes in a bag so it doesn't clang and rub soot on everything. Plus no holes in the lid which is what I'm after.

I've seen a few pots about that have a frying pan lid. I'm really wary as they seem to be all aluminium or titanium, which tends to be a bit frail. I don't want something that's gonna fall apart after a seasons use. I really need a frying pan though, especially a good size one as I'm likely to be frying fresh fish on it.

Any recommendations? I'd even consider a nest arrangement with a couple of pans.

Thanks!

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
What is the diameter of the base of the pot, if you're happy with your stainless pot then I would look for a frying pan / skillet pan that nestles on the bottom of it, I like the looks of those sheets, interesting idea ?

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Just posted my answer elsewhere on here to someone selling one. Use 90% of the time a metal mug either an old Dutch aluminium or the crusader mug. Occasionally us a old trangia or the pathfinder frying pan

Last edited:
Reactions: punkrockcaveman

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Thinking about trying the newer shaped crusader mk2 mug. See if it better, certainly bigger which may be a good or bad thing