Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
how hany women has he hostage now ?

heads up serenity spin off of Firefly starting on itv4, i know you have a taste for it.

He only has 3.7 at the moment...

I don't have a telly but cheers for the heads up. (Have it sitting; along with the series, on one of the hard-drives though). :) You going to watch?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
He only has 3.7 at the moment...

I don't have a telly but cheers for the heads up. (Have it sitting; along with the series, on one of the hard-drives though). :) You going to watch?

yup, am watching, but I ain't got it on deeveede.

How's that spanish one you caught on your outing a couple of weekends ago.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
finished watching Serenity, I thought it was quite goode was the first time I'd seen Firefly, and serenity at 2 hours 15 minutes its about half an hour too long, everything happened in the last hour.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well I suppose they had seasons worth of threads to round up and then play out before finishing the film. Was still an achievement getting a film done of a cancelled series and Mr Whedon wasn't happy with it still. Good series though. I enjoyed.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker! Happy Sonic Boom in NYC Day!

Biker!, on this day in 1977 - Supersonic Concorde jet's 1st landing in NYC.
Yup those Yanks were jealous.
Aérospatiale-BAC Concorde is a retired turbojet-powered supersonic passenger airliner or supersonic transport (SST). It is one of only two SSTs to have entered commercial service; the other was the Tupolev Tu-144. Concorde was jointly developed and produced by Aérospatiale and the British Aircraft Corporation (BAC) under an Anglo-French treaty. First flown in 1969, Concorde entered service in 1976 and continued commercial flights for 27 years.
Among other destinations, Concorde flew regular transatlantic flights from London Heathrow and Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport to New York JFK and Washington Dulles; it profitably flew these routes in less than half the time of other airliners. With only 20 aircraft built, the development of Concorde was a substantial economic loss; Air France and British Airways also received considerable government subsidies to purchase them. Concorde was retired in 2003 due to a general downturn in the aviation industry after the type's only crash in 2000, the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 and a decision by Airbus, the successor firm of Aérospatiale and BAC, to discontinue maintenance support.
Concorde's name reflects the development agreement between the United Kingdom and France. In the UK, any or all of the type—unusual for an aircraft—are known simply as "Concorde", without an article. The aircraft is regarded by many people as an aviation icon and an engineering marvel.

In the late 1950s, France, the United Kingdom, United States, and the Soviet Union were considering developing supersonic transport. The British Bristol Aeroplane Company and the French Sud Aviation were both working on designs, called the Type 223 and Super-Caravelle, respectively. Both were largely funded by their respective governments. The British design was for a thin-winged delta shape (which owed much to work by Dietrich Küchemann, then at the Royal Aircraft Establishment) for a transatlantic-ranged aircraft for about 100 people, while the French were intending to build a medium-range aircraft.
The designs were both ready to start prototype construction in the early 1960s, but the cost was so great that the British government made it a requirement that British Aircraft Corporation (which had been formed in 1960 as a consolidation of British aircraft companies, including the Bristol Aeroplane Company) look for international co-operation. Approaches were made to a number of countries, but only France showed real interest. The development project was negotiated as an international treaty between the two countries rather than a commercial agreement between companies and included a clause, originally asked for by the UK, imposing heavy penalties for cancellation. A draft treaty was signed on 29 November 1962. By this time, both companies had been merged into new ones; thus, the Concorde project was between the British Aircraft Corporation and Aérospatiale. At first the new consortium intended to produce one long range and one short range version. However, prospective customers showed no interest in the short-range version and it was dropped. The consortium secured orders (i.e., non-binding options) for over 100 of the long-range version from the major airlines of the day: Pan Am, BOAC, and Air France were the launch customers, with six Concordes each. Other airlines in the order book included Panair do Brasil, Continental Airlines, Japan Airlines, Lufthansa, American Airlines, United Airlines, Air India, Air Canada, Braniff, Singapore Airlines, Iran Air, Olympic Airways, Qantas, CAAC, Middle East Airlines, and TWA.
The design work was supported by a preceding research programme studying the flight characteristics of low ratio delta wings. The supersonic BAC 221 was modified for flight tests of the high speed flight envelope, the Handley Page HP.115 also provided valuable information on low speed performance.[SUP][/SUP]

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hi there, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, the girls were getting a bit frisky. I'd left my bike store unlocked. Getting them all back was like herding cats.

[video=youtube;ERhIOKvAT5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERhIOKvAT5g[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh dear, chasing girls in the rains not good for you, did your old papier mache leg hold out with the new proofer you've been trying?

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Hi there, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, the girls were getting a bit frisky. I'd left my bike store unlocked. Getting them all back was like herding cats.

[video=youtube;ERhIOKvAT5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERhIOKvAT5g[/video]

I'm prevented from watching that here for copyright reasons.

I feel strangely let down. Deflated even :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Oh well. I'll have to console myself by playing with my large, hollow handled Chris Reeve survival knife.

:D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh well. I'll have to console myself by playing with my large, hollow handled Chris Reeve survival knife.

:D

Stop, stop - you don't hear hide nor hair of a CR knife for years and then two in a day... I've lusted after one since the 80's. If yours is a Jeroboam I will scream and scream 'till I'm sick.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Stop, stop - you don't hear hide nor hair of a CR knife for years and then two in a day... I've lusted after one since the 80's. If yours is a Jeroboam I will scream and scream 'till I'm sick.

Project 2 with a clip point. I saw the jeroboam when I bought mine. A little too large for my needs. I picked up a couple of Sebenzas to keep the project company instead.

They see more use. The project is mint :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Project 2 with a clip point. I saw the jeroboam when I bought mine. A little too large for my needs. I picked up a couple of Sebenzas to keep the project company instead.

They see more use. The project is mint :)

Nice, it's irrational my "want" for a Jeroboam but hey. Take it you never use the "Project"? All his work is lovely. Any pics to post - you know to wind me up!:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE