Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
:soapbox:
Bloody foreigners.

Bring back the Empire I say!

Nice looking kit Colin. Very nice set up indeed!

Many thanks for the Stamford Bridge day, son. That was a very interesting read. I read a very different account of the lead up to William the Conqueror's invasion of England while I was at Bayeux a few years ago. (it's about 40 miles from where I'm living) The whole thing sounded like William was promised the throne after Harold had been rescued by William, but Harold welshed on the deal after Edward croaked. Anyway twas an interesting read comparing it to the English account of the same event. I suppose the winners write the history books and the oppressed got their hand in too.

Skylab was also interesting to read, but after the Apollo series ended I got more into WWII stuff and history, so the drama you spoke off with the thrusters passed me by.

As for the close call with a Nuclear War, that was news to me indeed. Scary stuff! But I suppose we can count ourselves lucky neither side have put Skynet in charge... yet. :lmao:

Cell-Phones-Are-the-New-Skynet-James-Cameron-Says-2.jpg

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
:lmao: Around my way, English has been so mangled as to be unintelligible. Nah wot i mean bruv

I can guess :)

I really meant a classic!

Quotes:
Mark Twain said of English as She Is Spoke that "Nobody can add to the absurdity of this book, nobody can imitate it successfully, nobody can hope to produce its fellow; it is perfect."
"Is there anything in conventional English which could equal the vividness of 'to craunch a marmoset'?"

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Air gun. :rolleyes: One of my faves is "Eats shoots and leaves". Unfortunately good books are now considered to have titles like "My booky wook".

Booky wook. Ha! I have a Kindley windley

I read Eats shoots and leaves and didn't get on with it, lousy plot and 2 dimensional characters, but did feature a nice Panda though.

And there was me thinking Huon was referring to She by H Rider Haggard, the classic book and written in very posh English, though perhaps not as posh as Shelley's Frankenstein or Daniel Defoe's ....

Robinson_Cruose_1719_1st_edition.jpg

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Booky wook. Ha! I have a Kindley windley

I read Eats shoots and leaves and didn't get on with it, lousy plot and 2 dimensional characters, but did feature a nice Panda though.

And there was me thinking Huon was referring to She by H Rider Haggard, the classic book and written in very posh English, though perhaps not as posh as Shelley's Frankenstein or Daniel Defoe's ....

Robinson_Cruose_1719_1st_editi  on.jpg

Posh? Nah!

If you wanna learn posher English then you need look no further than here :)

[video=youtube;quHeUUDfdcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quHeUUDfdcc[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE