Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
You love small, wrinkly, swamp-dwelling masters too I think.

Has anyone got my last one yet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

That was quick. Well done. Sall we leave your quote till this evening, and give brother Gayboot a chance. He thinks dad may have been chewing the cables again.
Speaking of whom, he's gone very quiet, I remember he did the same after last years moot. I have strange visions of him in a cocoon hanging in a cellar in France, and regenerating. (Shudder.) It explains his longevity.

[video=youtube;eDm0HIc6J3Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDm0HIc6J3Q[/video]

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Are u talking about the one from the time bandits?
Did you miss the quote at the bottom of my pics?
Bob
You love small, wrinkly, swamp-dwelling masters too I think.

Has anyone got my last one yet?

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
[video=youtube;Sq3YD7fNZTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq3YD7fNZTI[/video]

I admire it's purity. A survivor. Unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
On account of having to be in the west midlands by eight o'clock tomorrow morning, here is tomorrows space factoid.

Karl Ludwig Harding
Asteroids discovered: 1, 3 Juno September 2, 1804

Karl Ludwig Harding (September 29, 1765 – August 31, 1834) was a German astronomer notable for having discovered the asteroid 3 Juno.
Biography

Harding was born in Lauenburg. From 1786-89, he was educated at the University of Göttingen, where he studied theology, mathematics, and physics.[1] In 1796 Johann Hieronymus Schröter hired Harding as a tutor for his son. Schröter was an enthusiastic astronomer, and Harding was soon appointed observer and inspector in his observatory.

In 1804, Harding discovered Juno at Schröter's observatory. He then went to Göttingen to assist Carl Friedrich Gauss. There he was professor of astronomy.

In addition to Juno, he discovered three comets, and published:

Atlas novus coelestis (1808-1823; re-edited by Jahn, 1856) which catalogued 120,000 stars
Kleine astronomische Ephemeriden (edited with Wiessen, 1830-35)
the fifteenth in the series of Sternkarten of the Berlin Academy's publications (1830)

The crater Harding on the Moon is named after him, and so is the asteroid 2003 Harding.
View attachment 21949

[video=youtube;KER0eR8QY5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KER0eR8QY5Y[/video]

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
[video=youtube;Sq3YD7fNZTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq3YD7fNZTI[/video]

I admire it's purity. A survivor. Unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

What an alien concept.

Spinal Tap had me floored. I cursed once I googled the quote.

Now why couldn't you put the bunny back in the box?

Last edited:

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hey all
I guess Biker has really chewed up GB tinternet lines.:lmao:
So a we update pic of the stick.
After its first proper coat of oil.
2013-09-02+17.10.21.jpg

With many more to go. Groan.
The only other thing I will add is a leather Truks head at the base of the handle.
Bob
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Looking good that stick Bob.
I had to google Huons quote. Con Air, but I believe your one is from Firefly?
"No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You've burned all the food, the shade, the RUM!"

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Looking good that stick Bob.
I had to google Huons quote. Con Air, but I believe your one is from Firefly?
"No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You've burned all the food, the shade, the RUM!"

Someone always has to bring pirates into it.

Why can't aliens be friendly?

There's no glowing fingers on these ********.

We've got a bunch of extra-terrestrial psychopaths on our hands.

Like a... visit from a planet full of Charlie Mansons.

They've wiped out a small town for starters. lt's my guess they'll go on to something bigger next time.
-Christchurch, Wellington...

-Auckland?

Yeah, well that wouldn't be so bad.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Someone always has to bring pirates into it.

Why can't aliens be friendly?

There's no glowing fingers on these ********.

We've got a bunch of extra-terrestrial psychopaths on our hands.

Like a... visit from a planet full of Charlie Mansons.

They've wiped out a small town for starters. lt's my guess they'll go on to something bigger next time.
-Christchurch, Wellington...

-Auckland?

Yeah, well that wouldn't be so bad.

I didn't realize you had such bad taste in movies Huon.:)

" The fool, the meddling idiot! As though his ape's brain could contain the secrets of the Krell!"

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I didn't realize you had such bad taste in movies Huon.:)

" The fool, the meddling idiot! As though his ape's brain could contain the secrets of the Krell!"
And I didn't realise that some-one of this PLANET would be watching FORBIDEN movies.

"A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip."

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker, Happy San Marino Day.

301AD - San Marino, one of the smallest nations in the world and the world's oldest republic still in existence, is founded by Saint Marinus.
San Marino, officially the Republic of San Marino (Italian: Repubblica di San Marino) and also known as the Most Serene Republic of San Marino (Italian: Serenissima Repubblica di San Marino), is an enclaved microstate surrounded by Italy, situated on the Italian Peninsula on the north-eastern side of the Apennine Mountains. Its size is just over 61 km[SUP]2[/SUP] (24 sq. mi) with an estimated population of over 30,000. Its capital is the City of San Marino. San Marino has the smallest population of all the members of the Council of Europe.
San Marino claims to be the oldest surviving sovereign state and constitutional republic in the world, as the continuation of the monastic community founded on 3 September 301, by stonecutter Marinus of Arba. Legend has it that Marinus left Rab, then the Roman colony of Arba, in 257 when the future emperor, Diocletian, issued a decree calling for the reconstruction of the city walls of Rimini, which had been destroyed by Liburnian pirates.
San Marino is governed by the Leges Statutae Republicae Sancti Marini, a series of six books written in Latin in the late 16th century, that dictate the country’s political system, among other matters.
The country's economy mainly relies on finance, industry, services and tourism. It is one of the wealthiest countries in the world in terms of GDP (per capita), with a figure comparable to the most developed European regions. San Marino is considered to have a highly stable economy, with one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe, no national debt and a budget surplus.

[SUP]Movie quote [/SUP]“I must have some booze, I demand to have some booze”

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
why did you stop at "Jeanne d'Arc" day ? The original bannockburn day is much more up my street makes me think of food. And whats wrong with poor old "san marino" to not deserve a title change?

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Dam that was to easy :lmao:
Didn't want the your brain cells working too hard.

Bob
"yeah ,I got a plan B: making plan A work"

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
why did you stop at "Jeanne d'Arc" day ? The original bannockburn day is much more up my street makes me think of food. And whats wrong with poor old "san marino" to not deserve a title change?

It only allowed me to change the title a set amount of times and got locked after that, that's why. Sorry!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE