Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Biker, Happy Custer's Last Stand & Roger Rabbit Day.
On the 25th of June in 1876 Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer got himself and his men wiped out at the Battle of Little Big Horn.
And the lovely Jessica Rabbit debuted alongside her inked in Leporidae husband Roger on this day in 1988.
Think you'll be a fan of Jessica?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Also on this day in 1977 Roy Sullivan was hit by lightning for the seventh and final time. (No it didn't kill him - he did that himself in 1983 with a shotgun aged 71 over unrequited love). Makes interesting reading LINK

It's slightly bushy as the odds of being struck by lightning for a person over the period of 80 years have been roughly estimated as 1:10000. If the lightning strikes were independent events, the probability of being hit seven times would be 1:10000[SUP]7[/SUP]. These numbers do not quite apply to Sullivan, however, who by the nature of his work was more exposed to storms than the average person. Virginia, where he lived, averages 35 to 45 thunderstorm days per year, most of which fall in June, July, and August. Between 1959 and 2000 lightning killed 58 people and injured at least 238 people in Virginia. In the United States, 3239 people were killed and 13,057 injured by lightning in the same period. Most of those were males between 20 and 40 years old caught outdoors.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thanks Pa, will watch that later, I'm in the mood for The Boondock Saints tonight. Excellent film, funny and all in the comp ready to go.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Thanks Pa, will watch that later, I'm in the mood for The Boondock Saints tonight. Excellent film, funny and all in the comp ready to go.

's not fair! Pa don't let me watch grown up films. Won't let me look at Jessica or Betty neither :(

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
's not fair! Pa don't let me watch grown up films. Won't let me look at Jessica or Betty neither :(

Well Junior you are a young sapling and Pa want's you to grow up right and not twisted like me. And Betty's your step sis of sorts. (Surely Middlesex doesn't count as the deep south for that sort of thing?)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
241.jpg
kennedy_berlin_newspaper.jpg

Biker. Happy Pied Piper & "Ich bin ein Berliner" Day

Well on the 26th of June 1284 it's reported that the Pied Piper "removed" the Children of Hamlin. But don't you worry as you've gained Huon and I.:eek:
Also in 1963 when you were one year old President Kennedy made his famous "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech whilst visiting Germany.
So a little German themed day for you.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
You're just full of little factoids ain't you son. (said in a nice way I hasten to add)

Did you also know yesterday was Antoni Gaudi's birthday? If the name is not familiar then googlise it with the image button firmly pressed. The man was an architectural genius. Must have been a PITA for the builders to follow his designs but, Wow! What designs!

Houn, you can watch those films but since you sobbed your heart out watching "Mama Mia" and "Billy Eliot" I figured you weren't quite ready for such real life films. We'll review this subject again after on your 21st birthday next year. Deal?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Happy Potemkin Mutiny Day which occurred on the 27th of June 1905 against some rather strict officers and is seen as a precursor to the 1917 Revolution. Also on this day in during that hot summer of 1976 the Israelis launched Operation Thunderbolt. Better known to you and I as the Raid on Entebbe. Where they kicked some serious bahookie and allowed Charles Bronson to make a rather good film.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Potemkin mutiny day???? Did you even hear that clunk as you hit the bottom of the barrel? :confused::lmao:

Just wondering what the heck you'll be coming up with for tomorrow.

Thanks Son. :You_Rock_

I thought you'd like the graphic? I thought it was pretty stunning. Hmmmm what shall we do for tomorrow, mwahahaha

By the way Huon seems to be getting off pretty light on the prezzie front... Has he posted anything nice?

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yeah the graphic was pretty dramatic. Russian art always stirs the emotions like that. No show on the picture link in the posting above buddy :(

Huon hasn't sent me so much as the wrapping from a second hand prezzie. Perhaps it's a reflection of the youth of today?

And after you letting him stay up late to watch those movies too. I'm shocked, but then the youngest always get away with murder.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
franz-ferdinand.jpg
fc,550x550,white.jpg

Yup on the 28th of July 1914 Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria and his wife Sophie were assassinated in Sarajevo by young Serbian nationalist Gavrilo Princip at 10.45am , the casus belli of World War I.
Also in honour of Bikers stunning artwork on this day in 2003 the 12th Episode of Firefly was aired, called "The Message". Shiny.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I hasten to add "Biker's stunning artwork" does NOT include that picture of Serenity. I found an image of that online and adapted it to use on a T-shirt for my Nephew's Christmas present last year. I did a few changes to it in photoshop purely as an exercise but nothing major. Crime against humanity that that series was cancelled (as every fan of Firefly says)

Always wondered how assassinating an Archduke could result is the violent deaths of almost a whole generation of men. Bizarre. Perfect example of a domino effect.

Later fella.

This is rapidly becoming an equivalent to Steve Wright in the afternoon's factoid thread. No complaints from me though. Thanks Son. :cool:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE