Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
About 3:33 in....
[video=youtube;RN4aV6ke0Q8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN4aV6ke0Q8&feature=player_detailpage#t=215[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
About 3:33 in....
[video=youtube;RN4aV6ke0Q8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN4aV6ke0Q8&feature=player_detailpage#t=215[/video]

Hey Christmas at our house, those sepia coloured memories just flood over me.

(Not seen Time Bandits in Years, thank you for that, had almost forgotten it.)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
19860111.gif

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Private Kelly?

[/QUOTE

Ah yes. The steely eyes, the chiseled jaw, the cheekbones, the breeding. Yes, definitely a Kelly.

Playing catch up on this thread (as per usual) Ummm not to be accused of nit-picking. but isn't his name Eastwood? .... obviously descended from the ruggedly handsome Hunt lineage I believe :lmao:.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Time for some positive waves, light waves of some great computer animation from a guy called Tinus Le Roux, this vid is full of some of our favourite geek subject at the moment WWII planes. (He also does tanks;)).

[video=youtube;pNftyin4x_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNftyin4x_4[/video]

That animation was superb! I'll check out the Tank stuff another night, too tired to look right now. Thanks for posting this.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Playing catch up on this thread (as per usual) Ummm not to be accused of nit-picking. but isn't his name Eastwood? .... obviously descended from the ruggedly handsome Hunt lineage I believe :lmao:.
Playing Private Kelly in Kelly's Hero's. (I didn't think he was really related to any of the Kelly's - we were pretending Pa!)
But I can believe Peter Gabriel and Barney Rubble are really you if you like... Look at this pretty jacket with the nice buckles!;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker! Happy Gideons Day!

Biker! time to get all happy clappy while staying away from home as today in 1908 - 1st Gideon Bible put in a hotel room.

Gideons International is an evangelical Christian organization founded 1899 in Janesville, Wisconsin. The Gideons' primary activity is distributing copies of the Bible free of charge. This Bible distribution is a global enterprise taking place in over 196 countries and in over 93 languages, with the organization being particularly well known for the copies to be found in hotel and motel rooms. The organization takes its name from the Biblical figure Gideon, depicted in Judges 6.
The Gideons International has a strong international presence. Its members distribute Scriptures in many countries to people who cannot afford to purchase Scriptures on their own.
Gideons began distributing free Bibles, the endeavour for which they are chiefly known, in 1908, when the first Bibles were placed in the rooms of the Superior Hotel in Superior, Montana. Members of The Gideons International distributed over 84.6 million Gideon Scriptures in 2012. More than 1.8 billion Bibles and New Testaments have been distributed since 1908. On average, more than two copies of the Bible are distributed per second through Gideons International. It is anticipated that the two billionth Scripture will be placed in 2015.
The headquarters of Gideons International is in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.

The organization, an early American organization dedicated to Christian evangelism, was founded in 1899 at the YMCA in Janesville, Wisconsin by two traveling businessmen who met by chance when they shared a hotel room at the Central House Hotel in Boscobel, Wisconsin. Of the three members at the original meeting only two decided to persevere with the distribution of the Bibles. Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. Gideons began distributing free Bibles, the work it is chiefly known for, in 1908, when the first Bibles were placed in the rooms of the Superior Hotel in Superior, Montana.
The organization describes its link to the story of Gideon:
Gideon was a man who was willing to do exactly what God wanted him to do, regardless of his own judgment as to the plans or results. Humility, faith, and obedience were his great elements of character. This is the standard that The Gideons International is trying to establish in all its members, each man to be ready to do God's will at any time, at any place, and in any way that the Holy Spirit leads.In keeping with this symbolism, the symbol of the Gideons is a two-handled pitcher and torch, recalling Gideon's victory over the Midianites as described in Judges, Chapter 7.
In addition to their well-known hotel room Bibles, members of The Gideons International also distribute Bibles to members of the military of various countries, to hospitals, nursing homes, prisons, MPs and students.

The covers of the New Testaments distributed by Gideons are color-coded based on which groups they're meant for:

• Orange: for sidewalk distribution to middle/high school students
  • Green: for college/university students
  • Red: for in-school distribution to Middle/High school students
  • Digital Camouflage/Desert Camouflage: for the military
  • Dark blue: for law enforcement personnel, firefighters, and EMTs
  • White: for medical professionals
  • Light blue: for distribution by the Auxiliary only
  • Brown: personal worker's testaments (for individual witnessing by Gideons)
  • Periwinkle: personal worker's testaments (for individual witnessing by the Auxiliary)
Note: During World War II there were Military Issued New Testaments, brown for Army and blue for Navy distributed by the Gideons. In addition to the Desert Camouflage and the Digital Camouflage, there are also Woodland Camouflage editions for the Military.

Also today is Remembrance Sunday, please take time to remember those who gave their life for your freedom.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yes definitely lots of crim Kellys, luck we sent so many to the antipodes!. That's also why you see so many over here, they say crims return to the scene of the crime.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Yes definitely lots of crim Kellys, luck we sent so many to the antipodes!. That's also why you see so many over here, they say crims return to the scene of the crime.

Bloody Aussies! They get everywhere.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
They're like a rash or plague of fleas aren't they!

What a beautiful day here today, bright sunshine and a very heavy frost. Don't think I'll make it to the David Stirling monument for remembrance Sunday, still will get along to the village one.

Better got going just now.

TTFN.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE