Bicycles - what do you have?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

YEOLDOAK

Jun 28, 2015
uk
Have accumulated a few bikes over the years, mainly hardtails.
Tend to pick up framesets, then build them up over time,
picking up parts from Ebay and bike forums and the like.

2rh7lox.jpg

Reactions: bikebum1975

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Yeoldoak hahaha your shed/garage looks like my spare room, 9 bikes at last count, 3 brand new high end MTB frames still in manufacturers boxes from warranty replacements over the years, 3 frames that used to be bikes kicking about and enough parts top build at least 3 full bikes on top of all the others without ever leaving the house

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That's one crappy thread to look back through since Photobucket punked everyone with new usage charges and nobodies pictures can be seen

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Aye they seen a money making opportunity and jumped on it, even if 3/4 of their users before the change left in disgust that 1/4 remaining coughing up the reddies is literally millions per annum, i never ever trusted the site from day one, same as pinterest and that other one that keeps posting dead image links everytime the linked image has too many free views oh aye flickr.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I think it is going to be down to the forums themselves to offer a replacement for this picture thing or most will die out, such a shame looking through old threads (something i do often there is a tonne of great already posted info on here), now so many of them are just dead image link after dead image link in between posts talking all about how awesome the pictures are we can't see anymore

Trotsky

I think it is going to be down to the forums themselves to offer a replacement for this picture thing or most will die out, such a shame looking through old threads (something i do often there is a tonne of great already posted info on here), now so many of them are just dead image link after dead image link in between posts talking all about how awesome the pictures are we can't see anymore

I've taken to using Imgur, it's better than photobucket ever was.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm looking at getting a Giant Toughroad, should be a good price but we'll see how it turns out. The plan is to put a rack on it, some mudguards and probably some trekking bars.

ToughRoad-SLR-2-Dark-Blue.jpg

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I'm looking at a used recumbent at the weekend. A touring one. My first recumbent too. Here's hoping my 3" extra height doesn't mean a lot of hassle adjusting the length. Hoping the boom length is good enough without needing to let it out a bit with the hassle of new cable inners and extra chain length. Although I doubt I'll be that lucky.

Any other recumbent riders out there?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
So, I ended up finding a mint (used for 200 miles) Giant Toughroad on ebay for an absolute steal, about a third of the RRP, with spare tyres and tubes. I've fitted mudgards, rack, trekking bars, stem, pedals and.....Umm, I think that's it... Rides lovely and I'm enjoying it which is great...

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
If you like that look for a second-hand recumbent. Seriously! Much more fun. Until you've tried laidback cycling you don't know what you've been missing!

I mean, who decided it's better to cycle looking down and on all fours rather than sitting comfortably back looking up and outwards to what's coming?

My next bike investment has to be a lowrider rack for the recumbent and a head rest. Seriously, why not? Imagine laying back with your whole spine supported along with your head while cycling. All your leg and core muscles being used to power the pedals and no pressure on your hands/wrists at all.

BTW I'm suspecting I've got trapped nerve issues in my wrist (carpal) from cycling and mouse use, with similar in my elbow (a different nerve) from kayaking ascend and cycling. So the recumbent looks like an accidental very good buy for me.

P.S. if you're passing north Lancashire at a weekend pop by and have a go! You might have to be 6'2" + though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE