BG needless killing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
-So the selection and training standards for the TA are lower than for active duty? That seems to be what you're implying.
-Flew over Everest in a microlite!? Now THAT would be cool! Doutful one would make it over Everest though.
yeah he was in the terratorial sas im just stating a fact, no your right it wasn't a microlight it was one of those paraglider things with the engine
I don't think he made it quit over, and also I don't think he bloody started at sea level. anything else?
Bloody hell I just fail too see how so many people can fail too see my salient point.
Do you need me to spell it out again, or do we have to go to a blackboard and diagrams or just skip straight to the hammer lol?
I have nothing against bear as a person like some, just think elements of his programs are purely designed too shock the audience
at the expence of another sentient being, for no other valid reason than ratings and peoples entertainment,
(in mine and many other peoples view this is not a valid reason) yes just like bull fighting.
but you wouldn't see that on British TV because the public would hit the roof. THAT IS THE POINT!
Santaman your comments just sound like clutching at straws and come over like a petchalant child.
you even have other people posting links too the TA lol a deft bit of subject changing if ever there was.
Im not knocking the TA, ""he was in the territorial SAS, again very cool""
I was in the princess of wales reg for the sum total of 3 months, it was bloody hard
and trying to hold that down with the commitment required, and have a job as well was impossible and in that way
its even harder than the regulars.
So desperately try to enforce your opinion by making it look like ive said something I have not
I honestly had no idea this simple observation would stur up such passion LOL jeeesus.
Bears a good guy but think he is a bit of a ****** for allowing himself to get dragged down to such level of
sinicle ratings hunting that's all, there I said it. Now go cry into your pillow, im sure it will be ok in the morning
and bear will still be churning out your little boys own adventure cartoons. PEACE

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
yeah he was in the terratorial sas im just stating a fact, no your right it wasn't a microlight it was one of those paraglider things with the engine
I don't think he made it quit over, and also I don't think he bloody started at sea level. anything else?.....

Actually that IS a microlight. And my point was that they won't fly at that altitude (except for a very, very, very few)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Santaman was just offering a little grey to you Black/White outlook

maybe a re-read of your replies are in order?

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Do you need me to spell it out again, or do we have to go to a blackboard and diagrams or just skip straight to the hammer lol?
I have nothing against bear as a person like some, just think elements of his programs are purely designed too shock the audience
at the expence of another sentient being, for no other valid reason than ratings and peoples entertainment....

Yes you've finally gotten to the crux of my questions. Please spell it out. I mean spell out WHY it bothers you? And WHY isn't ratings reason enough to do the thing that makes your living? And WHO said frogs are sentient beings? WHY would the public be in an uproar over bullfighting? I really, really, really just don't get all the fuss.

But I grew up a country boy in a farming area.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Now go cry into your pillow, im sure it will be ok in the morning
and bear will still be churning out your little boys own adventure cartoons. PEACE

Thanks. But it's all right for me now. I'm not the squeamish one here. Come back after you've watched a jet fighter crash and the two crewmen burn to death. Then we'll talk.

Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
well you grew up in the states pal, were quit picky about that sort of stuff, we even banned hunting with bows as
its barbaric, same with dogs. Im not going to talk about things ive seen because I wouldn't use anything that terrible
to prove some ridiculous point on a bushcraft forum, frankly im not going to sink to that level and im not that petty minded.

Last edited:

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
I presume you're a vegan if you argue that position! In my travels I've seen bats, frogs, snakes, spiders - even flies - eaten by the locals on a regular basis. I'm not sure one bat, one frog and one snake will damage the ecosystem overly. But, hey, each to his own...................

Meat eater but if I am not fed Hallal or Kosher meat by deception then I trust that the animal has been killed reasonably humanely. Well done on your extensive culinary travels but what point were trying to make?

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
well you grew up in the states pal, were quit picky about that sort of stuff, we even banned hunting with bows as
its barbaric, same with dogs.......

Therein lies the solution...You banned it over there there beacause you didn't like it. Just do the same with Bear (personally I don't watch him either) But don't question his motives or others' right to watch him.

Others watch because they enjoy it-----He does it because they watch----What more motivation is needed? Why does he or his viewers need your approval?

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Therein lies the solution...You banned it overe there beacause you didn't like it. Just do the same with Bear (personally I don't watch him either) But don't question his motives or others' right to watch him.

Others watch because they enjoy it-----He does it because they watch----What more motivation is needed? Why does he or his viewers need your approval?

*cough* Dog Fighting.....

:pokenest:

:D

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Santaman, I find the pulling apart of a live animal such as a frog disgusting and cruel. Did you enjoy seeing the still living body of a frog writhing on the river bank? When I fish I pull them out and dispatch them with a priest, don't even let them die of suffocation. Of course there is a level of cruelty in even fishing but hypocrite as I am I can tolerate that level.

Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
Actually that IS a microlight. And my point was that they won't fly at that altitude (except for a very, very, very few)
oh hear you go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG5MIGFMVCI
but you sound like you have a lot of aviation experience so im sure that was just a typo obviously, plank!
and Bear Grylls viewers need my approval? your off your rocker mate.
im not going to be belittled and mocked by somebody that obviously knows jack ****
Think my work here is done :-D
ps I think you will find a frog is a sentient being PMSL
Sorry cant resist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiv4XJ17_7Q want to tell us more about the physics of flying and
your vast aviation experience lol.

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire

I think it was in fact a balloon with engine backpack (actually, no it wasn't - paraglider as you said!) . And the technical difficulties - and danger - of flying one at that height is immense, which is why it had never been done before........

Sure, if you think he's evil for killing a frog and a bat - ok. Weird, but ok. After all, "Nature" kills frogs and bats on a daily basis - maybe you should rail against "Nature" too - it kills billions of sentient things in a horrific fashion very minute! :) You don't like his TV programmes? Don't watch them.

But why do those who have a go at BG try to minimise or rubbish his factual achievements? Stick to the facts on those, and it doesn't weaken your arguments elsewhere!

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Santaman, I find the pulling apart of a live animal such as a frog disgusting and cruel. Did you enjoy seeing the still living body of a frog writhing on the river bank? When I fish I pull them out and dispatch them with a priest......

We've been over this in other threads. A priest is absolutely useless on catfish. You can batter them over and over with a steel rod and they'll just grunt at you and live on until you get them home and cut off their heads.

And you don't "pull apart" frogs. You cut their legs off. However you DO pull the one claw off of a Stone Crab and throw it back to grow another one to harvest again next year. Remember that the next time you eat crab claws.

It seems as if people who so love everything "natural" also forget the way things are killied by "natural" predators.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
We've been over this in other threads. A priest is absolutely useless on catfish. You can batter them over and over with a steel rod and they'll just grunt at you and live on until you get them home and cut off their heads.

And you don't "pull apart" frogs. You cut their legs off. However you DO pull the one claw off of a Stone Crab and throw it back to grow another one to harvest again next year. Remember that the next time you eat crab claws.

It seems as if people who so love everything "natural" also forget the way things are killied by "natural" predators.

I think there's a difference between killing for fun and killing for food in that regard.

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
I post on a Triathlon tread, when things get a bit 'heated' we post a pic of a panda ( like the chinese peace panda ) to try and calm things down, here's the first of mine :)

panda_2.jpg

Rev G :lmao:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
oh hear you go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG5MIGFMVCI
but you sound like you have a lot of aviation experience so im sure that was just a typo obviously, plank!
and Bear Grylls viewers need my approval? your off your rocker mate.
im not going to be belittled and mocked by somebody that obviously knows jack ****
Think my work here is done :-D
ps I think you will find a frog is a sentient being PMSL

Interesting link. I saw pictures of everything EXCEPT a microlight flying on Everest. In fact very few pics of ANYTHING to do with Everest. And I heard an interview of him making preperations.

The record altitude for a microlight is just over 30.000 feet IIRC and yes, that's SLIGHTLY higher than Everest so it's POSSIBLE for an epert pilot with a highly specialized one to do it. But NOT LIKELY and certainly not by a casual thrill seeker.

As for my aviation experience:
-21 years in aviation maintenence and repair (large jets, jet fighters, helicotors, and large turbo-prop aircraft)
2 years as a pilot (student and private level)
-Some skydiving
-Bachelor's Degree in Professional Aeronautics
What's your experience?

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
I only eat crab claws from whole cooked crabs. What a savage bunch you are. Actually not savage just self-obsessed which is why in Santa Barbara there was a pelican tied up with fishing line and nobody doing anything about it even though I believe you have a Humane Society that I got a shopkeeper to promise to phone as I had to dash for our coach. But then people were equally indifferent to an elderly homeless couple, one in a wheelchair on the same pier who were begging.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE