beyond survival with les stroud

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
anyone caught any of these - looks to be a sort of world of survival made properly with a bit of bruce parry thrown in for good measure.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
I've only seen the first one in Sri lanka and it was good :)

I loved the guy with the bee's, he was amazing! and the pole fishing, how can they sit there that long?

looking forward to watching the rest soon

Tom

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
watched all his series, you can catch most of them on YouTube, its fantastic, he does all the filming himself, stays in all manor of places, for 7 days, on his own, lads, if you like ray mears, bear grylls, and the other American series, with Dave canterbury, and Cody lundin, can't remember the name now, you will love this, what i like about Les is, is he really shows how it is, like when he was setting a figure fall dead fall, and it kept collapsing and bloody landed on his finger lol, that's what really happens, no editing and getting it right first time, that's real, he also has to do all the camera work his self, walk all the way up the hill, and then film himself walking down the hill, and then walk all the way back to the top, to get the camera, when he climbs down a cliff, or some thing he has to do it twice, because unlike other so called survival experts he has no 10 man camera crew behind him, filming, and holding the rope, that's attached to him out of frame, any way, its really what its like out there for you and me, and the average Joe.
take care
lee.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Hi Lee the one with dave and Cody is called dual survival and I agree it's well worth watching.
Also this isn't survivorman he goes out and lives with remote tribes to try and experience their culture and learn their ways.
Tom

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I stopped watching it ten minutes ago, very disappointed in it. More about the customs of the people than survival, can't see many of yers enoying this.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I stopped watching it ten minutes ago, very disappointed in it. More about the customs of the people than survival, can't see many of yers enjoying this.
i have not watched the ones about the tribes yet mate, the ones i loved are the survivor man series.
loved them, will have to watch this new one about the tribes, i hope it is as good as the survivor man series.
atb lee.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Cheers for the heads up on man woman wild it seems quiet good.

I have watched the full season of beyond survival and I enjoyed it, granted he's not showing his usual survival techniques but I like to see how the natives live.

watched the first one last night, while it was interesting i wasn't overly crazy about it. feel a bit let down as it seemed more about the culture and customs where i enjoy that type of programme it was not what i tuned into watch. But ill still probably watch the rest of the season.

Nick93

Dec 27, 2009
Devon, England
You can watch Dual Survival and Les Stroud - Survivorman on YouTube. Both are worth watching. Also "Alone in the wild". Its definatly worth watching :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE