Best wellies for under £50?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

original45

Feb 22, 2012
west midlands
My girls had Hunter wellies few years ago,like most cheap made wellies colour faded and cracks appear around ankle heal area.I bought a pair of the 10.00 ish Dunlop wellies around 8 years ago no cracks still waterproof .Mrs bought simular Dunlop 4 years ago still as good as new with sole wear.
My old Man has same his are over 11 years old.
Something to be said for Dunlop.
Don't think it's a price thing ,or getting a posh brand ,not that it's always this way but when I buy my next pair Dunlop again for me.
Just wish the sole was thicker as I now can feel stones through them.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Be interested to hear how you get on with them Mark

Its hard to get an accurate assessment of longevity when some people wear them less than 10 hours a week, others more than 10 hours a day.

I must say, I really don't understand the attitude of "I pay £100 for walking boots to go camping in, but refuse to pay that much for boots that might see some real work"

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
No worries mate :). I bought them for use on the allotments more than anything, and i expect they will be used for going out shooting too if they are comfortable enough.

I need some new walking boots too come to think of it... :)

Be interested to hear how you get on with them Mark

Its hard to get an accurate assessment of longevity when some people wear them less than 10 hours a week, others more than 10 hours a day.

I must say, I really don't understand the attitude of "I pay £100 for walking boots to go camping in, but refuse to pay that much for boots that might see some real work"

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Spent years in dunlop steelies, but wouldn't use them to walk any distance. I tried on a pair of almost £200 Hunters and thought "wow"!! Fit was incredible, vibram sole and adjustable ankle etc but wasn't going to spend that kind of money on, well, wellies.

A year or so later I found the exact same boot new but classed as "slight seconds" for £65 so snapped them up. I'll happily walk in these all day long, and do so. Especially good for hill loch fishing, prior to these I'd never have dreamt of using wellies up the hill. Still wouldn't spend hundreds on wellies but there are now lots of good wellies to choose from. Welly technology has truly moved on.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have a pair of muckboots at home - can't fault them, and they are the only wellies I can find that actually fit properly, totally waterproof as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE