Best tick removal tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
I use the O'Tom Tick Twister, have only had to use it on the dog so far but found it very easy and the tick came away complete! hope this is of help! :)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Same here, used the twister on the dog and they came out easily with no mouth parts remaining embedded. one was alive after I removed it. Very easy to use.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
A tick hook of some description (tick twister and various other names I've seen) - they're expensive if you pay shipping on the web, but why not call in at your local vet and ask there? I think I paid less than £3 for mine and it cost me all of 4 minutes to poke my head around the door and ask!

Do Petsathome (bloomin' stupid name, should have kept it as Petsmart as that was genius) not stock something?

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i just bought a thing called a tick key fits on your key ring looks sturdy gonna try it out on ivan the next time he gets one i will let you know if its any good then regards dave

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Gee! Thanks Dave, actually going to try my best to avoid getting any more mate , going back to the woods where i got bitten, on Wednesday for a few days , tenting this time see if it helps , worst thing is i now know that the tics at that location are definately infected with Lymes, but i am dosed right up with antibiotics , there will also be plenty of repellant , and good idea Adze , will be calling in at the vets,

Coz i don't think Dave wants a special journey just to try out his new bit of kit on me !

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Can't top what's already been said about the twister tool. Works fine on humans as well as dogs cats etc.

I did try wearing a dog's anti tick coller as a wrist band though, it worked after a fashion but I got cautioned for peeing on hubcaps in the local supermarket carpark. I won't elaborate about the sniffing incident. :eek:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Gee! Thanks Dave, actually going to try my best to avoid getting any more mate , going back to the woods where i got bitten, on Wednesday for a few days , tenting this time see if it helps , worst thing is i now know that the tics at that location are definately infected with Lymes, but i am dosed right up with antibiotics , there will also be plenty of repellant , and good idea Adze , will be calling in at the vets,

Coz i don't think Dave wants a special journey just to try out his new bit of kit on me !
???? you are taking prophylactic antibotics to prevent lymes or have have you been diagnosed with lymes?
I was under the idea if you got a tick out fast enough [under 12 hours] the lymes risk was small.
http://www.armycadetforce.net/expedition-skills/344-ticks.html there is a distribution map on here.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi xylaria, i wont clog this thread up with an answer , if you look under Other Chatter ,which i will highlight in a minute , have a read and hopefully all will be explained .

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE