Best Survival Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
million dollar question my view possibly the MOD survival knife (not the webtex version) or the Becker 2
Fallkniven A2 ( a hell of a price)

Big can just opened STOP now

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Ka-bar Becker 2 as mentioned above, or Fallkniven F1. I currently own the Becker 2 and love it. Also have owned an F1 and loved that just as much.

Bear Grylls is bringing out a full tang knife. This may be worth looking into, or the current Bear Grylls knives have had good reviews on here.

The list is endless really, do you want a long blade or a short blade, what material on the handle, any preference on blade material, with or without serrations etc etc.

good luck with you search and let us know what you decide.

Ps. There is a Dajo knife for sale on here I think. Again a knife i have owned and was impressed with

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Not really helping the OP though is it?, considering he's looking for info, in order to buy the knife he will have when he needs it :)

No I guess not but its true and we all have too many different opinions on the best knife

The only way if to try a lot and see whats best for you. Dont follow others advice research and try. sell what you hate keep what you dont.

The knife issue is a big can of worms I fell into and settled back with a mora, one other and a penknife and Happy with that

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye, true enough :) Things can easily be narrowed down though, budget plus intended uses will eliminate many from the question :)

No I guess not but its true and we all have too many different opinions on the best knife

The only way if to try a lot and see whats best for you. Dont follow others advice research and try. sell what you hate keep what you dont.

The knife issue is a big can of worms I fell into and settled back with a mora, one other and a penknife and Happy with that

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Not really helping the OP though is it?, considering he's looking for info, in order to buy the knife he will have when he needs it :)

Is there actually a right answer to this?

Whats best for one person isnt the best for another... also the best for one situation isnt the best in another...

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Is there actually a right answer to this?

Whats best for one person isnt the best for another... also the best for one situation isnt the best in another...

Yep, that's just it. Nothing more. This'll probably still go on for 4 or 5 pages though.

what you have when you need it is the right answer and also your definition of suvival

match that to your knowlege and skill base for survival (survival is not bushcraft )

so i would suggest maybe doing a proper survival based course to help you decide what you want a knife for in an emergancy situation

if you want a good alround outdoor knife thast cheap then a Mora

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
Thanks for all the replies.

I always think it is better to have somewhere to start when looking for something, as in, there is no point starting from scratch, ask other first. That should be my motto!:D

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE